• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

It's ok :p I stuck double sided tape on the bricks,so no damage to paintwork. I have fitted a rail on the roof for the Drive away awning and didn't want to screw it on so used a very good adhesive Sikaflex 252 and used the bricks as weights to hold firm until hardened. Sikaflex can be removed if need be any time. I'm going to fit another rail on drivers side also, then got option to which side I want to fit the awning. I've now removed the bricks and it looks good, I'm very happy with the result.

Last edited:
Took the silver Elgrand for a nice cruise to Bad Bentheim (Germany) and on the way I noticed the same hesitation I felt the other week! Feels like a miss fire and then all of a sudden everythings fine although I am pretty sure I can also feel a very slight surge around 120kmh. On the way back it did it again but this time it came up with the Engine Management System warning light and message and now the EMS light is on the dashboard constantly!
Does anyone know what this might be? I was thinking could it be one of the ignition coil packs breaking down or possibly a cam sensor? Also I now notice when starting the vehicle it doesn't fire instantly :confused::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Think I am gunna have to order the Carsoft i903 Reader to read the code! Grrrrrrr

IMG_1664.JPG

Took the silver Elgrand for a nice cruise to Bad Bentheim (Germany) and on the way I noticed the same hesitation I felt the other week! Feels like a miss fire and then all of a sudden everythings fine although I am pretty sure I can also feel a very slight surge around 120kmh. On the way back it did it again but this time it came up with the Engine Management System warning light and message and now the EMS light is on the dashboard constantly!
Does anyone know what this might be? I was thinking could it be one of the ignition coil packs breaking down or possibly a cam sensor? Also I now notice when starting the vehicle it doesn't fire instantly :confused::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Think I am gunna have to order the Carsoft i903 Reader to read the code! Grrrrrrr

View attachment 5154
Richard, couldn't you swap the sensor and coil packs from your white one and see if that solves the issue, be cheaper than paying for a reader.

Richard, couldn't you swap the sensor and coil packs from your white one and see if that solves the issue, be cheaper than paying for a reader.

@ALAN RODGERS Is it fairly easy to swap the sensors and coil packs as I know its a knightmare to access the spark plugs. Also worried I might mess up the white one and I need that one for the UK in a couple of weeks! lol
I also thought the Reader could clear the light and also be useful later on if I need it again. Brian fancy a trip to NL! lol

Some jewelry arrived for my Ella today :
Chrome Fog surrounds !
20180521_121727[1].jpg

i removed the letters from the rear tail light garnish too. they came off very easy !!
garnish and lights will probably get tinted dark soon , i like the BIG back window look .

20180521_121805[1].jpg
oem cruise control goes in tomorrow , i am looking forward to it , Ella does not want to stick to 100, she wants to go faster !

Last edited:

View attachment 5154
I would firstly try and scan for a code Richard before going any further albeit I suspect it could be a coil pack possibly breaking down intermittently. Sadly though or unless you can get them tested by an auto spark you'll end up buying a full set of 6:cold_sweat::cold_sweat::cold_sweat::cold_sweat::cold_sweat: and or a cam sensor.

Got the cruise fitted today , wow it sure makes for relaxed driving now i dont have to concentrate on holding ella to 100kmh .
Plus , even tho the 80k drive home from the auto elec is basically all up hill fuel economy has improved from 8.4 to 8.8 thats 24.85mpg and with 2 audlts an a staffy onboard too , very happy as 98 octane is now AU$1.68 per litre here.

The new woody leather wheel is on now and it looks GR8 , just waiting for the matching gear knob to arrive here anyday now. Pics when it does.
A set of polished SS door handle covers arrived too but i dont like them , they sit up proud on the edges they dont fold around like i expected so i didnt fit them . ebay here they come !
FunFun

Richard , if you want to read codes, i got the NDSII app from google playstore ($9) for my galaxy , it will read and reset codes plus it will reset the TB too so no peddle dancing. It also give info on timing ,airflow , injectors ,temp etc, looks cool too .
hope this helps

Got the cruise fitted today , wow it sure makes for relaxed driving now i dont have to concentrate on holding ella to 100kmh .
Plus , even tho the 80k drive home from the auto elec is basically all up hill fuel economy has improved from 8.4 to 8.8 thats 24.85mpg and with 2 audlts an a staffy onboard too , very happy as 98 octane is now AU$1.68 per litre here.

The new woody leather wheel is on now and it looks GR8 , just waiting for the matching gear knob to arrive here anyday now. Pics when it does.
A set of polished SS door handle covers arrived too but i dont like them , they sit up proud on the edges they dont fold around like i expected so i didnt fit them . ebay here they come !
FunFun
I would not be without my cruise control which I also had fitted and bought from a guy who sells the kits out your part of the world.

Your right too about the chrome door handle kits. They do sit proud and they are the same as the Japanese fitted items too so its a Marmite thing I suppose. Love em or hate em.

Richard , if you want to read codes, i got the NDSII app from google playstore ($9) for my galaxy , it will read and reset codes plus it will reset the TB too so no peddle dancing. It also give info on timing ,airflow , injectors ,temp etc, looks cool too .
hope this helps

Thanks for the info @davee but I do not own an Android phone :confused:. Think I might have to bite the bullet and purchase the iCarsoft i903 Reader. Not particularly looking forward to changing coils and spark plugs! Gunna have a look tomorrow see if its something simple like a connector knocked, I can only hope! lol Might explain why the white Elgrand feels faster!

Last edited:
Well today have finally prep’d one rider alloy and it looks the bollox. All chrome removed with wire wheel brush and sanded down with wet/dry.

I then preceded to strip the remaining 3 alloys of chrome and washed down. Prob another 4hours on each wheel before paint time.

@Richard Fox this is a mamouth task and would not recommended it. I can now see why they charge so much to chrome a wheel.

🤪

Well today have finally prep’d one rider alloy and it looks the bollox. All chrome removed with wire wheel brush and sanded down with wet/dry.

I then preceded to strip the remaining 3 alloys of chrome and washed down. Prob another 4hours on each wheel before paint time.

@Richard Fox this is a mamouth task and would not recommended it. I can now see why they charge so much to chrome a wheel.

🤪

Lets see some pics @Crazycraig! :D Starting to p**p myself in regards to possibly removing my spark plugs and coil packs to see what the problem is with my silver Elgrand! :eek:

Back