E51 Warning Screens & Lights, Explanation.

Shelaz

E51 Owner
I hope someone can point me in the right direction. I had my wife's E51 serviced a month ago at local Garage. I've always used them over the years for other cars. The problem is, the engine check light has been illuminated. Due to work commitments, the wife has had the diagnostics done by a couple of garages, the first suggested it might be a coil issue, the second garage said ignition fault. I know details are a bit sketchy but I am wondering if the garage who carried out the service have upset something. We have never had any issues with the bus before. Has anyone had any similar issues or any incline on what it might be. I am in Teesside so any pointers to a reliable Elgrand garage. Fluid levels are all good and there hasn't been any noticeable loss of power. I've checked the oil and no foreign bodies or colouring. Please help. I must also mention that both times the fault was reset but came back on after a couple of days.

MrRob_in

Part of the furniture (please de-cat your e51/2)
Staff member
Premium Member
E51 Expert
E51 Owner
I hope someone can point me in the right direction. I had my wife's E51 serviced a month ago at local Garage. I've always used them over the years for other cars. The problem is, the engine check light has been illuminated. Due to work commitments, the wife has had the diagnostics done by a couple of garages, the first suggested it might be a coil issue, the second garage said ignition fault. I know details are a bit sketchy but I am wondering if the garage who carried out the service have upset something. We have never had any issues with the bus before. Has anyone had any similar issues or any incline on what it might be. I am in Teesside so any pointers to a reliable Elgrand garage. Fluid levels are all good and there hasn't been any noticeable loss of power. I've checked the oil and no foreign bodies or colouring. Please help. I must also mention that both times the fault was reset but came back on after a couple of days.
http://forum.elgrandoc.uk/threads/r...el-without-a-code-reader-or-diagnostics.5951/

Should help with getting the DTC ... once you have it start a new thread here http://forum.elgrandoc.uk/forums/help-needed.21/
Asking for help if you can’t find enough info.

I’m guessing it’s a coil pack that may have failed when plugs were changed at service? Get the DTC & we’ll be in a better position to advise.

Edit to add - this is the DTC that came up re coil packs for a few of us http://forum.elgrandoc.uk/threads/e51-fault-code-350.5705/

Last edited:

MrRob_in

Part of the furniture (please de-cat your e51/2)
Staff member
Premium Member
E51 Expert
E51 Owner
@MrRob_in dude i know people get this one a lot, got any idea what this cube with a Microwave and what looks like an air gun waving about?

It signals the start of the ‘Are you feeling lucky’ game of passing expensive main road petrol station to get to the cheaper one that may have closed down since you last passed this way ... :joy: