Voodoo II

E50Neil

E50 Owner
Premium Member
Rear speakers aren't that bad. Just remove the rear seats, the side rail (in the door card) and pop the door card off.

Takes a while but it's easy enough to do. Chances are though, if you don't sit in the back and seldom have rear passengers, that you won't notice if they are dead or not.

I only make sure mine are working because the kids sit back there and they're metal heads like me, so enjoy proper music :joy:
I will without doubt get around to replacing them at some point lol
Just ironing out those niggles that you get with a new car

Gramps

Love gadgets but can't remember how to use 'em
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Thank you all for the nice comments regarding my trike. Took me a long time plus some swearing and cursing to get it that far. It will be off the road now as well to carry on more work.

Keep up the restoration works Neil and good luck with both vehicles.

DSCF4864.JPG
I like gadgets and switches

Gramps

Seven

The Engineer
Staff member
E50 Owner
Thank you all for the nice comments regarding my trike. Took me a long time plus some swearing and cursing to get it that far. It will be off the road now as well to carry on more work.

View attachment 1733

Gramps
More buttons than a GT1 car!

E50Neil

E50 Owner
Premium Member

View attachment 1733

Gramps
Now that's an impressive array!
What do they all do?

Gramps

Love gadgets but can't remember how to use 'em
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Hi Neil. Well the switches on the tank look after heated clothing, heated seats (still to finish when I get the seating re-upholstered), fuel filler release, engine hood release, rear view camera, auxilary lighting, speakers or headphone switching, reversing sensors and so on. On the handle bar I have the windscreen wash wipe, cruise comtrol, plus plus plus. The wife calls me a gadget fanatic

Any way this is your Project Thread so it's back to you and Voodoo ll

E50Neil

E50 Owner
Premium Member
Would you believe it........
Coming out of Bristol after a bit of Xmas shopping, sat at the roundabout waiting my turn and BANG
Someone rear ends me ......FFS!!!!

Len

Premium Member
Another texter? I hate those inattentive drivers. Hope there is not too much damage, and that you will be rolling again all nice and pretty.

E50Neil

E50 Owner
Premium Member
Another texter? I hate those inattentive drivers. Hope there is not too much damage, and that you will be rolling again all nice and pretty.
He was VERY keen to point out before I said a word that he was "checking" the sat nav!!!
In all fairness I think it has just split the paint on the bumper so no major damage, I will inspect more today.

Phil

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Would you believe it........
Coming out of Bristol after a bit of Xmas shopping, sat at the roundabout waiting my turn and BANG
Someone rear ends me ......FFS!!!!
Feel for you mate :(

Nowhere near as bad as yours but we've had ours 15 months & in that time three bits of damage have appeared on front & rear bumpers & just under rear light cluster. Mostly just scratches & obviously the gits didn't leave a note to say what they'd done :mad:

Hope you get things sorted through the other driver's insurance as soon as possible Neil.

E50Neil

E50 Owner
Premium Member
As you can see it's not major but it's there and needs work to respray and can't vinyl wrap even now.......
Part of me wants to not bother with it due to the hassle and the whole "non fault claim" thing, but there us a bigger part that thinks a lesson needs to be learnt ?
IMG-20171120-WA0002.jpg

Phil

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
I think I'm right in saying if he/she has shunted you from behind it is their fault. That's what the big scam was a few years back where people were overtaking & slamming their brakes on to cause a rear end shunt & defraud the insurance companies. That's probably what gave rise to dashcams?

Ask the driver if they are willing to pay a little for a repair & spray rather than lose their no claims if it's not protected. If the boot was on the other foot, they probably wouldn't think twice about going through your insurance.

MrRob_in

Part of the furniture (please de-cat your e51/2)
Staff member
Premium Member
E51 Expert
E51 Owner
You still have to declare it to insurance co and they will likely bump underlying premium even if ncb is unaffected or protected anyway. Making a claim may not affect your on going insurance costs by much more than if you don’t claim. They all seem to make it up as they go along anyway.

E50Neil

E50 Owner
Premium Member
Well to be fair so far the insurance company's have been fantastic,
Assessor is coming next week, hire car sorted out for when the van is picked up for repair and it will all be collected and delivered to my work/home.
The driver had taken full responsibility and was happy to progress any repairs required......happy days so far and i can look at getting the near side sill sorted out after xmas.
The project continues.....................