Voodoo II

E50Neil

E50 Owner
Premium Member
Well what can I say here...........
It's going to happen but not sure just how far this project is going to go lol
What I can say is there will be a lot of purple involved to keep the theme running, the van was bought as a daily driver and easy camping option for weekends away.
Already a list of jobs for this weekend!
New alternator
New heavy duty battery
Full LED dash conversion
Full interior lights to LED
Plus a few extras just hope they work as well as they do in my head!
New turbo hose
Replace ignition barrel
All exterior lights to LED (not main and dip beam though)
New head unit
New front speakers
We will see how I get on lol, when ever I go to the workshop there is always another job to distract lol

The purple is explained below lol
20171025_202816.jpg

malcolmyz85

Here for life
E50 Owner
Premium Member
Nice looking trike ,did u build it yourself ?? I wouldn't mind one myself but doubt I could talk other half into get on it with me lol ,she wouldn't get on back of me when I had bikes lol

E50Neil

E50 Owner
Premium Member
Nice looking trike ,did u build it yourself ?? I wouldn't mind one myself but doubt I could talk other half into get on it with me lol ,she wouldn't get on back of me when I had bikes lol
Sadly not a home build but a highly modified Boom trike, we love it. It's taken itself off the road a little ahead of schedule though lol
That photo was at the Ponderosa cafe in north Wales, we try and get out when we can lol
Totally different to a bike I reckon you could covert the wife, it's like an arm chair on the back

malcolmyz85

Here for life
E50 Owner
Premium Member
I helped my mate finish a trike off that he bought half built ,but that was just a bike with 3 wheels ,it didn't go around bends well lol ,I suppose it's a knack to drive them but damn quick ,can't remember but think it was Kawasaki z900

MrRob_in

Part of the furniture (please de-cat your e51/2)
Premium Member
E51 Expert
E51 Owner
Mine used to fall asleep on my back on long trips on my 1200bandit. She’s nuts (thankfully) :D

E50Neil

E50 Owner
Premium Member
Right then
Day 1
New heavy duty battery
New alternator
Full LED dash conversion
Full interior lights to LED
New turbo hose
Replace ignition barrel
New head unit (now I know how crap the speakers are!)

Not everything but not a bad start, so off to ponder what else can be done

Whotsit

Premium Member
E51 Owner
A really beautiful machine, I can just imagine showing that off down at Poole Quay on a Tuesday night (local bikers meet, well worth a visit if you're in the area).

E50Neil

E50 Owner
Premium Member
Well not much to report this week,
Fitted new front speakers and found out why the sound was so awful........
The original speakers had disintegrated completely, the whole cone had just gone, vanished .....poof!
All back together now and we can now hear the baseline :cool:
Fingers crossed i grab a bit more time next weekend and start on the exterior lights :D

E50Neil

E50 Owner
Premium Member
Yep, that's common, and mine were the same.
Front and back.
Yes I would say the back are in the same condition, the difference in sound is like day & night.
I think the rears can wait a while, looks like a pretty big job lol

Karl

Broken
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
Rear speakers aren't that bad. Just remove the rear seats, the side rail (in the door card) and pop the door card off.

Takes a while but it's easy enough to do. Chances are though, if you don't sit in the back and seldom have rear passengers, that you won't notice if they are dead or not.

I only make sure mine are working because the kids sit back there and they're metal heads like me, so enjoy proper music :joy: