Tracking and Wheel Balancing Elgrand E51 (2005)

Dear Members ..

We have recently bought our first Elgrand Rider (2005 model) and need to get the tracking and balancing done ..

However all our local garages are unable to get the specs needed and keep telling us to google for the infi ...but I am having no success ...not even our local Nissan Dealerships are able to help ..

Any advice greatly appreciated please..

Many Thanks

Paul

(Greater Manchester area)

Madfish

Administrator
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
If you go to a center with a Hunters wheel alignment machine they will have the specs for the elgrand on the system.

Hunters are the best alignment machines anyway

David rate

Premium Member
Dear Members ..

We have recently bought our first Elgrand Rider (2005 model) and need to get the tracking and balancing done ..

However all our local garages are unable to get the specs needed and keep telling us to google for the infi ...but I am having no success ...not even our local Nissan Dealerships are able to help ..

Any advice greatly appreciated please..

Many Thanks

Paul

(Greater Manchester area)
Paul I have checked, the Hunter system only has data for 2010 models, can you advise please.

Karl

Founder
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
I have had my E50 tracked at Kwik Fit using a Hunter machine, and that was a '97 model.
They do have them somewhere.

David rate

Premium Member
I have had my E50 tracked at Kwik Fit using a Hunter machine, and that was a '97 model.
They do have them somewhere.
After much telephoning and speaking to Hunter systems uk have tracked the e51 down in their system. They have to input Nissan Elgrande, caravan. Sounds daft but that’s how it’s stored now. Am having it done tomorrow so will get exact details and post, because I have wasted nearly a day on this.

Phil

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
After much telephoning and speaking to Hunter systems uk have tracked the e51 down in their system. They have to input Nissan Elgrande, caravan. Sounds daft but that’s how it’s stored now. Am having it done tomorrow so will get exact details and post, because I have wasted nearly a day on this.
Good result @David rate . Thanks for letting us know. It will come in handy for us in future I'm sure. :)

David rate

Premium Member
Following research into wheel alignment for the e51 have come up with the following which I hope will be of use to other e51 owners. The link below is for the Hunters wheel alignment system, by inputting your postcode you will find nearest garage to you using system. All data for all 4 wheels is on this system ie Camber, Caster, Toe for the front and Camber and Toe for rear. On the blogs there is much discussion on this, you need to advise garage that to find the Elgrand they have to input the following search terms, Nissan: Caravan/Homy/Elgrand/:E51 Series: E51 four wheel drive Highway star or 2 wheel drive. Seems odd but if they search Nissan Elgrand there system just comes up with the 2010 model. Hope that clarifies the situation. Have just had my vehicle checked, rear Toe was all over the place front Toe bad as well, much improved driving experience, well worth the £70.

Align My Car

Phil

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Following research into wheel alignment for the e51 have come up with the following which I hope will be of use to other e51 owners. The link below is for the Hunters wheel alignment system, by inputting your postcode you will find nearest garage to you using system. All data for all 4 wheels is on this system ie Camber, Caster, Toe for the front and Camber and Toe for rear. On the blogs there is much discussion on this, you need to advise garage that to find the Elgrand they have to input the following search terms, Nissan: Caravan/Homy/Elgrand/:E51 Series: E51 four wheel drive Highway star or 2 wheel drive. Seems odd but if they search Nissan Elgrand there system just comes up with the 2010 model. Hope that clarifies the situation. Have just had my vehicle checked, rear Toe was all over the place front Toe bad as well, much improved driving experience, well worth the £70.

Align My Car
Brilliant info. That post is worthy of a thread on it's own or a how to or something. What do you admin guys think about putting it somewhere easy to find?

George322

Premium Member
On my way back from Carlisle yesterday I hit a pothole and then noticed a bit of wheel wobble coming through the steering wheel.
I took it into Kwik Fit today and they suggested a wheel balance and a Hunter wheel alignment for the fronts.
They checked the tyres and bearings and they were OK.
I had anticipated this and took the above info with me.
They did the balancing but when it came to the alignment they could only find the 2010 52 model on their computer. (Mine's a 2003 NE51)
I gave him the info but he was still unable to find it.

I drove it home after the wheel balance hoping that it might have done the trick but there is still a definite pull to the left and a wobble.
Any suggestions please? Tracking? Rack?

David rate

Premium Member
On my way back from Carlisle yesterday I hit a pothole and then noticed a bit of wheel wobble coming through the steering wheel.
I took it into Kwik Fit today and they suggested a wheel balance and a Hunter wheel alignment for the fronts.
They did the balancing but when it came to the alignment they could only find the 2010 52 model on their computer. (Mine's a 2003 NE51)

I drove it home after the wheel balance hoping that it might have done the trick but there is still a definite pull to the left and a wobble.

Just follow this on the Hunter system Nissan: Caravan/Homy/Elgrand/:E51 Series: E51 four wheel drive Highway star or 2 wheel drive.