Took my first test drive today!

Safe to say it won me over!! Just need to sell my TT now and start the hunt for one.

I'm quite impatient and once I get an idea I don't like waiting! So the thought of waiting 2 to 3 months for a fresh import sounds like hell!

Do you realistically save that much? While browsing I've seen some really nice 05 and 06 plates for between £5500 and £7000. Id be looking for a Rider or XL.

MrRob_in

Part of the furniture (please de-cat your e51/2)
Staff member
Premium Member
E51 Expert
E51 Owner
Yep you save as you’re not paying inflated profit margin of a dealer to cover standing time and higher levels of expected customer service.

There are a few good dealers in uk but too many sell cheaper cars at inflated prices. Seek out the good dealers and if they have a car in the spec you want at a price you can afford then cool, but ime it’s easier to source good cars with right specs in Japan via Japanese agents or uk dealers/agents who will find you a car in Japan.

I overpaid at Auction but got exactly the car & spec I wanted. Absolutely no compromise other than high mileage to keep cost down. £6k otr when similar spec (but unverifiable histories) uk cars were £6.5-7.5k

http://forum.elgrandoc.uk/forums/import-experiences.57/

Yep you save as you’re not paying inflated profit margin of a dealer to cover standing time and higher levels of expected customer service.

There are a few good dealers in uk but too many sell cheaper cars at inflated prices. Seek out the good dealers and if they have a car in the spec you want at a price you can afford then cool, but ime it’s easier to source good cars with right specs in Japan via Japanese agents or uk dealers/agents who will find you a car in Japan.

I overpaid at Auction but got exactly the car & spec I wanted. Absolutely no compromise other than high mileage to keep cost down. £6k otr when similar spec (but unverifiable histories) uk cars were £6.5-7.5k

http://forum.elgrandoc.uk/forums/import-experiences.57/
Cheers, I suppose it pays to be patient! Even if it's £1000 saving that's something to put towards the mini conversion I want :/ Just patience is not my strong point haha

I had a nose Chasdad, it did look very nice to be fair! I probably shouldn't look to much while still selling my car, be pretty gutting if I find the ideal one before the funds are freed up!

Brendan1969

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Cheers, I suppose it pays to be patient! Even if it's £1000 saving that's something to put towards the mini conversion I want :/ Just patience is not my strong point haha

I had a nose Chasdad, it did look very nice to be fair! I probably shouldn't look to much while still selling my car, be pretty gutting if I find the ideal one before the funds are freed up!
Don't torture yourself. Sell your car FIRST and then start looking with your cash ready in hand just like I did. You will be in a much better mind frame too which will help you make the right and stress free decision.