Too much ale

Phil

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
I've logged in with good intentions but the ale has got the better of me & I've still got a dozen new threads to read :(

But bollocks to it now I'm off to me pit. Anything technical & I haven't got a clue anyway!

So goodnight elgranders & if you're not Australian you should be in bed anyway :D

Alan Morgan

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
> Ha Ha, I gave it up more than 17 years ago so stop talking about it, I'm starting to remember too many hang-overs:pensive:
> On Xmas day the daughter mixed us all a bucks fizz and I accepted about an egg-cup full topped up with orange juice. Half way through the glass it went to my head and I had to walk around the block with the dog to get over it:confused:
> And just to think that I could drink for England - all that practice now gone to waste (but not waist!):( - lols

Alan Morgan

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
I'm off the booze now as well, I can live without no problem...
Good man - not an easy accomplishment eh!

Food on the other hand!! 4 stone to lose, I have a major challenge on my hand!!
Yeh, that's a big challenge. I lost 3.5 stone after a bereavement and a desire for a life-style change. Most of it has stayed off and cycling 5,000 miles a year helps too:innocent:

Seriously, I wish you the very best of luck, I really do.

MrRob_in

Part of the furniture (please de-cat your e51/2)
Staff member
Premium Member
E51 Expert
E51 Owner
I’m not a big drinker, can and do go months with only the odd beer now and again, just been on a Birthday and Christmas present bottled beer tour d Yorkshire brews 🍺 one or two a night mostly. Whiskey was a miniature from my son and was a Birthday present/ replacement for a big bottle of mine he gave me the Christmas before but drank himself 😂

Alan Morgan

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Alcohol gets me through most days to be honest. Jesus, if people think I've got an attitude problem now... I'd be a monster if I quit that too :joy:
Alcohol dependency is a tough beast to defeat - been there - I hope you step on the monster before it really bites your ass!

My farther died from it and it led to the premature death of my first wife.

Madfish

Administrator
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
Alan sorry to hear about your losses.

it's not a dependancy @Karl has, just likes the stuff like a lot of us.

Recently lost my brother in law who was dependant on alcohol for a while, sad thing is though he managed to kick the habit, for a good year but a heart attack claimed him eventually.