To all new members

Zimbo mark

E51 Owner
Hi,
We are in Swansea and we have a 2002 E51 Rider named Betty. We love her☺️ Generally getting along great but can't turn off the screen that tells me she needs a service- she doesn't!
Had ENOUGH of radio 2, especially as it only works sometimes.
Had a pop too fitted and some nice hard flooring and a tow bar for all our many bikes​
Think there is a YouTube video that tells you have to cancel the service warning.

paul2607

E51 Owner
Hi there to all EoC members. we are new to the club. We have just bought a Beautiful Black Elgrand E51 (2004). That's Currently residing in the Fareham Hampshire Location. Thank you to all members that have supplied me some very valuable information about issues, tip and tricks, and technical. I would of happily driven about until my engine Blew up, if it wasn't for this site recommending rear decat. Opted for straight throughs. give me time to remove innerds from existing ones until i need to pop them back on for MOT. First week in and those are done. Thanks.
I have also fitted an Android Head unit to replace the Jap. stereo. It nice to have a choice other than Radio 2.
Next up i will be inspecting all wheels one by one Hub Bearings discs pads, drop links and track rod ends.
And Thank the Good Lord for Ebay as pretty much everything is available on there. Except Exhaust back boxes. Anyone know where is could source these. Kwik fit ?? Euro car parts ??

Anyway that's us. Thanks for all the great info, and keep it coming. Truely a great idea to have this site.

Regards Mary-Ann & Paul.

Phil

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Hi there to all EoC members. we are new to the club. We have just bought a Beautiful Black Elgrand E51 (2004). That's Currently residing in the Fareham Hampshire Location. Thank you to all members that have supplied me some very valuable information about issues, tip and tricks, and technical. I would of happily driven about until my engine Blew up, if it wasn't for this site recommending rear decat. Opted for straight throughs. give me time to remove innerds from existing ones until i need to pop them back on for MOT. First week in and those are done. Thanks.
I have also fitted an Android Head unit to replace the Jap. stereo. It nice to have a choice other than Radio 2.
Next up i will be inspecting all wheels one by one Hub Bearings discs pads, drop links and track rod ends.
And Thank the Good Lord for Ebay as pretty much everything is available on there. Except Exhaust back boxes. Anyone know where is could source these. Kwik fit ?? Euro car parts ??

Anyway that's us. Thanks for all the great info, and keep it coming. Truely a great idea to have this site.

Regards Mary-Ann & Paul.
Welcome :). Sounds like you're making a good start already.

Dale S

E51 Owner
Hello everyone, I'm Dale, just joined as Ive bought our first Elgrand. It's a 2003 reg, 2013 import with pretty high miles compared to some but in really cracking condition and almost as standard. Cats will be removed next week before I go any distance in it. Ive just done a drivers seat adjustment so I can get my giant carcase behind the wheel. I'm also a mad motorcyclist and ride at every opportunity.

Phil

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Welcome @Dale S :)

I think there's a few keen bikers on the forum. Some have adapted the inside of their Ellies for transporting etc. I'm sure they'll be along to welcome you soon too.

Zimbo mark

E51 Owner
Hey folks...been looking at Elgrands and narrowed it down to 2....
A Rider Autech or an XL....both for the same price, both around 72k miles. Currently leaning towards to Rider as I figure the more gadgets in the XL means more than can go wrong on me.

Is there anything in particular I need to look out for on test drives??
Check that with you brake there is no juddering or wobble in coming through the stearing.
Look at the condition of then mats, peddles, stearing, edge of drivers seat. Does the wear reflect the miles?

Usual still check every thing that moves. Seats, windows, sunroof etc. I spent 2 hours looking over mine before I took it for a drive.