To all new members

Shaugi

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Hey folks...been looking at Elgrands and narrowed it down to 2....
A Rider Autech or an XL....both for the same price, both around 72k miles. Currently leaning towards to Rider as I figure the more gadgets in the XL means more than can go wrong on me.

Is there anything in particular I need to look out for on test drives??

Karl

Founder
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
Currently leaning towards to Rider as I figure the more gadgets in the XL means more than can go wrong on me./QUOTE]

There is very little that goes wrong on these, so I wouldn't let that put you off. But depends what gimmicks we're talking as to whether they are useful or not. Like the built in sat nav is useless anywhere other than Japan, and the audio/visual system needs modifying for UK use.

Things like sunroof, curtains etc, will all be fine.

Shaugi

Premium Member
E51 Owner
That was the other reasoning lol
It'll mostly be me in the vehicle so not too fussed about sunroofs. Curtains could be useful but the privacy glass is pretty dark anyway.
Sat nav will be on my phone and audio will just need band expander...migjt not even need that as I'm generally a radio 2 listener.

Hi everyone my names Laura, currently looking to join the Elgrand northeast gang

The van I'm looking at is an 04 with 67,000 Im just after a little information about the vans themselves, their reliability and are part expensive/hard to source etc

Thanks Laura

Karl

Founder
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
Hello everyone. Just joined and also just purchased my very first Elgrand. (Unsure what type tho.. E50/51 etc) but again hello.
Hi Jimmy, what year is your Elgrand? If you have a very square, american looking front end and only one sliding door (passenger side)... that's the E50. If it's more angular and curved, and also has 2 sliding doors, then it's an E51.

Geoff H

E50 Owner
Hi Mad,
I have just got an 2001 Elgrand.
I am going to need this forum as I've got a few electrical problems in the last 12 hours.
Let's hope I can get them sorted with help.

Zimbo mark

E51 Owner
Hello All,

New to the site. Picked up a month a E51 xl 2003 36k miles a month ago. It came with Nismo 18" alloys, suspension, exhaust and ECU. Really happy with the find. De cat done.

Also have a Mitsubishi Delica 4x4 as you can't have enough vans!

Mark, Catherine, Freya and little Ethan.