To all new members

Issa

Premium Member
E51 Owner
We would like to offer a big warm welcome to you all :)

Join in the fun, ask any questions and enjoy your stay.

We look forward to you becoming a valuable member of the club

Thanks
Mark
Thank you very much Mark,
I tried to upgrade to premium but I received this message from paypal

We cannot process this transaction because there is a problem with the PayPal email address supplied by the seller. Please contact the seller to resolve the problem. If this payment is for an eBay listing, you can contact the seller via the "Ask Seller a Question" link on the listing page. When you have the correct email address, payment can be made at www.paypal.com.

Chalkie

E51 Owner
Hi, joined the site a few months ago when we were looking for a new vehicle to add to our fleet of Nissan Largo (we named her Margo!!) & Nissan Micra (the reg led us to name her Barbara). We found a Silver E51 on '53 plate with 36K miles on 19" alloys, 3.5l V6. What a great vehicle, and we've named it 'Jerry', goes with the 'Good Life' theme of names we stumbled over. The drive is great, handles well for a big bus and cruises nicely on the motorway. Downside is fuel consumption and my heavy right foot!! We're now considering a gas conversion, and just wondered if anyone has experience good or bad, and can offer any recommendations on experienced converters of E51's? We're from Ledbury in Herefordshire, so will look for converters in West Mids & South Wales.

Hi from Jersey Channel Islands, nice site loads of useful information :). We are in the market for an E51 Elgrand been looking at a 2007 Highway Star. Unfortunately there are none for sale in Jersey so going to have to import one either direct from Japan or the UK via an import company if anyone can recommend one.
Ant.

Phil

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Welcome @Anthony :)

You'll find lots of info on the forum re importing. If you haven't read any yet have a search for import posts by

@micky_h - the forum guru on all things import
@MrRob_in - Elgrand expert & owner of both imported & UK sourced Elgrands
@Motorheaded - imported his Elgrand at the end of last year & his posts are usually humorous & entertaining to read.
@sitting_duck - computer & electrics wizard who's waiting for his to arrive from Japan soon - provided it gets through pirate infested seas.

Apologies to anybody I've missed

Robo78

E51 Owner
Hi all

We have just bought our Elgrand Camper (pics to come). Any advice for new owners of an Elgrand would be greatly appreciated. Anyone know where to get a English owners manual.

Looking forward to your comments

R & S
Brighton

inkyknight

E51 Owner
Hi all, not a newbie to the e51 but a newbie here. Have owned her for 2 years now, no issues except battery possibly because I don't use it every day she's far to thirsty. Some of you may notice the parking sensors on front bumper, fitted by me because she's a tight fit in supermarket carparks. Hope to chat with you all at sometime......Cool forum
Ian
PS how do I attach a pic?

inkyknight

E51 Owner
Hi all

We have just bought our Elgrand Camper (pics to come). Any advice for new owners of an Elgrand would be greatly appreciated. Anyone know where to get a English owners manual.

Looking forward to your comments

R & S
Brighton
hi robo, i think a new Zealand company jpnz on ebay. I got one also got av monitor book. About £20 each the workshop manual is about £80

marc ormsby

E51 Owner
hi new here today just checking in to say hi now time to look for an answer i just had a front wheel bearing changed and now the 4wd light is on and the green rear tyre lights have gone and i cant select anything on the buttons and on the tx screen its says 4wd and lots of japanese writting please help

NicO

E51 Owner
Hi there!
After (too) much research on bongos, alphards, etc. I finally decided to buy a 2003 Elgrand 3.5l from Sussex County Cars. It's been MOTed and is being registered as we speak. The idea is to get it converted (roof + full side conversion).
It's got 100,000km on the clock.
Before conversion (just after the registration), I'm going to go on a roadtrip to the South of France Easter.
I only left a deposit and I'm tempted to bring it to a pre-purchase inspection at "just mots". Not sure what the dealer will say about it... or if I can do that before it's actually registered. But I'd like to know before I take a long trip that it is good to go.

Apart from that, I'll be searching the forum for insurance and road assistance...

-Nico

Hi folks! At the very beginning of my Elgrand journey. I'm planning on using JapAutoAgent, and Simon of LPGC for a gas conversion. I want to convert it to a camper, but need to do it myself, so anyone aware of plans like the SlidePods. What exactly do you need in a van for it to be called a camper and get the cheaper insurance?
Have not yet found out what type/mileage I can afford, looking to spend about £4,500 before lpg conversion. Also anything you wish you knew before you started?

micky_h

Here for life
E51 Owner
Hi folks! At the very beginning of my Elgrand journey. I'm planning on using JapAutoAgent, and Simon of LPGC for a gas conversion. I want to convert it to a camper, but need to do it myself, so anyone aware of plans like the SlidePods. What exactly do you need in a van for it to be called a camper and get the cheaper insurance?
Have not yet found out what type/mileage I can afford, looking to spend about £4,500 before lpg conversion. Also anything you wish you knew before you started?
http://www.convertyourvan.co.uk/nissanelgrandcamperconversion.html

tireesurf

E51 Owner
Hi,
Just picked up our first Elgrand last night, what an amazing car! Previously had a Mitshi Delica, and this poo’s on it from a great height!
We got a UK sat nav/DVD player fitted, however the picture is a little bright on the drop down screen in the back, anyone know how to adjust the brightness on this? It mirrors the main screen in the front so Im guessing you adjust it via that, but my Japanese isn’t too great so Im a little lost. Any help would be much appreciated.
Adam

inkyknight

E51 Owner
Hi,
Just picked up our first Elgrand last night, what an amazing car! Previously had a Mitshi Delica, and this poo’s on it from a great height!
We got a UK sat nav/DVD player fitted, however the picture is a little bright on the drop down screen in the back, anyone know how to adjust the brightness on this? It mirrors the main screen in the front so Im guessing you adjust it via that, but my Japanese isn’t too great so Im a little lost. Any help would be much appreciated.
Adam
hi adam
i think one of the remotes in the back of the front seats adjusts the origional drop down screen but again you'll have to brush up on your japanese!!!

dancapp

E50 Owner
Hi all. Just bought an E50 Caravan V yesterday. Other than fuel cost, we're really excited to be Elgrand owners (my wife, our 2 kids, 2 large dogs and I).

Sproktec

E51 Owner
Hello All

I've been an Elgrand owner since December and other than the fuel consumptions have been delighted with it... till today. I'll post my problem in another thread if I can't get to the bottom of it with a bit of research here.