Thule Aero roof bars! - Nissan Elgrand 97 - 01 - £75 reduced to £70!

Jasper

E50 Owner
So 132mm will be fine. I need aero bars to fit my roof box. Not sure how I will get the stuff in and out of it lol
Yes 132cm should be okay.
It is a stretch getting stuff in and out but okay if you're using the step on the sliding door side.
I always put my box in the middle of the roof too because the bags are so heavy lol (4 kids!) and I worry about the balance, but if you put the box to one side that would make it a little easier as well.

dangerous brain

E50 Owner
The Thule 1090 kit is currently available here: http://motapartsbristol.co.uk/product/1090/
Its not available from there as they dont actually have any stock. Cancelled my order today! I have tried another place, will post up if they have stock.

Negative ghostrider no stock at any of the places I've tried in the uk. Lets see if the German set are available then

Last edited:

Steve~Mk1

Here for life
E50 Owner
Premium Member
Not available in Germany either. Apparently they sold this in parallel . Anyone here get one?
I contacted a couple of places last year and they said Thule stopped selling the kit.

For the price I might try these universal ones: ebay.co.uk/itm/Universal-Roof-Rack-Cross-Bars-with-Anti-theft-Lock-Fit-Most-4-Door-Car-SUVs/

Although, having looked at a couple of them, the Xsara Picasso seems to have a very similar roof mount for roof bars: ebay.co.uk/itm/Roof-Rack-Bars-Citroen-Xsara-Picasso-2000-2009/230841448747
I wonder if the Thule Xsara Picasso mount kit would fit the E50?

Steve~Mk1

Here for life
E50 Owner
Premium Member

RobP

Here for life
E50 Owner
Premium Member
Says 10 left in stock - although the impression I got when shopping round last year is that no one actually seems to hold the stock, but just order it from Thule as and when they get a sale.
Ah right! That could be a problem then as Thule don't seem to do the 1090 brackets anymore. Didn't try going any further into ordering to see if it said anything further about stock or distribution as I've already got some but thought it might help someone struggling to find any. Be interesting to see the outcome if anyone orders from Amazon.

Steve~Mk1

Here for life
E50 Owner
Premium Member
Ah right! That could be a problem then as Thule don't seem to do the 1090 brackets anymore. Didn't try going any further into ordering to see if it said anything further about stock or distribution as I've already got some but thought it might help someone struggling to find any. Be interesting to see the outcome if anyone orders from Amazon.
That was the message I got when I was looking at them last year - they order them from Thule, but Thule never told them that they've discontinued them! Fingers crossed these guys have 10 in stock though - even at that price.

I might pick up some dirt cheap Xsara Picasso roof bars and see if they work out - the 'hoop' and roof profile is very similar to the E50.

dangerous brain

E50 Owner
Says 10 left in stock - although the impression I got when shopping round last year is that no one actually seems to hold the stock, but just order it from Thule as and when they get a sale.
Yup and I had to wait for nearly £200 to come back from 3 different places as they take your money instantly and dont give it back for up to 14 days!! Nuggets!! I am not paying more out to get a message later stating they dont have it. It is now fairly obvious that there is not any stock left anywhere. Kind of leaves me a bit stuck with a roof box that I can't fit on my roof now :(

The price is about right for the full setup but I don't want to pay for a square bar like that when I actually need aero or wing bars to fit my roof box.

I’ve had same problem getting fitting kits for my E50 and following several payments being returned from Thule stocked suppliers am now resigned to fact that they are simply not available any more. I read in a thread somewhere that the fitting kits for the E51 might work but am reluctant to shelve out 200 quid without being confident they can do the job. Anyone have any thoughts on use of E51 fitting kits as compatible alternative?

James646

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Fair enough but that's not what he said when I emailed him
Ah! that is a different kettle of fish, on the site it says they do, but if you e-mailed him then thats another story. Sorry mate, I would mail him back and tell him the site say's that they do and this is very misleading.

dangerous brain

E50 Owner
Yup they cancelled the order after I had placed it as well. I am getting quiite tired of buying this part to have to wait for refunds on it, and even more bored of being told they have sstock to make an order to only have it cancelled again. I have no idea why this listing is still up as they clearly dont have any.

Steve~Mk1

Here for life
E50 Owner
Premium Member
I picked a Thule 754 foot pack and Xsara Picasso fitting kit off eBay for £20, and the initial impression is that it might work, with the metal bit of the foot pack bent over slightly in the vice, to get the angle of the foot just right (it might not actually need that if the bars are on, but I don't have bars at the mo!).

I'll put a pic or two on here at the weekend to show how it looks.