The Montymobile

Monty

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Rather just decatting I thought I'd get a stainless system. Having had a second hand Longlife system previously which looked good a gave a subtle rumble I thought I'd treat the Ellie to the same.
I wanted a standard system, nothing too flashy, nothing too loud.
So after driving home and getting a headache from the drone at low revs I rang them back and asked if they could make it quieter, which they did.
It still drones at low revs so it looks like I'll be making another trip back...
Without going into too much detail at this time I'm not overly impressed with them so far, I feel a little fobbed off and their customer service is somewhat lacking.
On the bright side my engine isn't going to self destruct!
Having returned for a third time the exhaust is now at a nice level and gives just a hint of lurks under the bonnet. I will not be returning to Longlife for any of my exhaust needs ever again, there are plenty of other providers out there!

Brendan1969

Part of the furniture
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Having returned for a third time the exhaust is now at a nice level and gives just a hint of lurks under the bonnet. I will not be returning to Longlife for any of my exhaust needs ever again, there are plenty of other providers out there!
Fingers crossed then you wont be needing the lifetime guarantee offered by them.

Monty

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Fingers crossed then you wont be needing the lifetime guarantee offered by them.
So looks like I will be returning at least once more. I've found a few leaks in the system today while tightening my fan belt.
See the black soot marks:-
DSC_0008.JPG DSC_0009.JPG DSC_0010.JPG DSC_0016.JPG

This system seems to have tarnished a lot more than my old one as well, I'm feeling more than a little fed up with Longlife at the moment!

Monty

Premium Member
E51 Owner
On a brighter note I had a Watling tactile reversing sensor fitted by Phil Taylor towbars who are just off the A3 in Hampshire.
It sticks out a little further than I was expecting but otherwise really happy with it.

Last edited:

indenglav

Premium Member
E51 Owner
For Christmas I got a headlight polishing kit as my headlights were a little cloudy and today I finally got around to giving it a go:-

Before
View attachment 2628
View attachment 2635 View attachment 2636 View attachment 2637 View attachment 2629

After

View attachment 2633 View attachment 2634 View attachment 2631 View attachment 2632 View attachment 2630

It's a lot of elbow grease but I'm pretty happy with the results, it really freshens up the front of the car.:D
What kit did you use ? only look really good

Brendan1969

Part of the furniture
Premium Member
E51 Owner
So looks like I will be returning at least once more. I've found a few leaks in the system today while tightening my fan belt.
See the black soot marks:-
View attachment 3802 View attachment 3803 View attachment 3804 View attachment 3805

This system seems to have tarnished a lot more than my old one as well, I'm feeling more than a little fed up with Longlife at the moment!
Im no welder but I reckon that looks like a right bodge job. Wonder if there is a metal gasket inside that pipe joint too