The damage

malcolmyz85

Here for life
E50 Owner
Premium Member
Well after leaving car to rot parked in a farmer field for a year ,I've decided to get my act together and do something with it .It's been used to store any rubbish in it for a long time,i bought car about 18 month ago as a project .It's a 3.2 TD 4x4 hws .i had kinda lost my elgrand interest due to problems with my e50 3.5 but that's seems to be running sweet so getting my smile back .As name says the damage ,car is very rough and i don't plan to get it mint ,just useable and prob use it to transport sons motorbike to mx tracks

Karl

Founder
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
If you are going to use it as a transport vehicle, you could make some money and swap the half leather for a velour set plus money to you. Assuming they are in good condition, I might be up for this. I have velour, but mine are mint, so I would only swap for a mint set of half leathers.

And I've seen worse condition Elgrand's on the road... Marmite was one of them :D

malcolmyz85

Here for life
E50 Owner
Premium Member
If you are going to use it as a transport vehicle, you could make some money and swap the half leather for a velour set plus money to you. Assuming they are in good condition, I might be up for this. I have velour, but mine are mint, so I would only swap for a mint set of half leathers.

And I've seen worse condition Elgrand's on the road... Marmite was one of them :D
Interior isn't in gd condition at all ,a couple of cig burns and all head rests in back are missing ,but i still have a set in lock up ,i might be able to make a reasonable one out of both ,going to try two little single seats in middle row ,so can get bike in better

malcolmyz85

Here for life
E50 Owner
Premium Member
IMG_20170521_151322.jpg IMG_20170521_160229.jpg IMG_20170521_164637.jpg
More work today ,sill looks ok and should pass mot test ,done exhaust leak only drop link to arrive to fix mot failures from months ago .

Steve~Mk1

Here for life
E50 Owner
Premium Member
Nice work being done there - the HWS bodykit/cladding will probably help to conceal anything too rough from the outside too.

malcolmyz85

Here for life
E50 Owner
Premium Member
Nice work being done there - the HWS bodykit/cladding will probably help to conceal anything too rough from the outside too.
Hopefully hide it all ,but to be honest well chuffed how it turned out ,would of been easier to fit a new sill ,daft thing I think I can remember somebody selling some not too long ago doh

Steve~Mk1

Here for life
E50 Owner
Premium Member
Hopefully hide it all ,but to be honest well chuffed how it turned out ,would of been easier to fit a new sill ,daft thing I think I can remember somebody selling some not too long ago doh
Just have to get some cavity wax in there before it gets a chance to develop any rust - should make the job last a long time then :cool:

Steve~Mk1

Here for life
E50 Owner
Premium Member
Basically it's where an oil wax treatment is blasted/sprayed inside a car body panel, rather than just on the outside face:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=c...yFmYPUAhWiF8AKHaCoBskQsAQIWQ&biw=1440&bih=833

Waxyoil is a cavity wax (also Dinitrol, Dynax, etc) - should seal all the bare metal/welds on the inside. I have heard that an old skool way of doing this was to drag rags that had been soaked in old engine oil through the sills/box sections - might get very nasty on a hot day though if all that dripped out...:eek:

malcolmyz85

Here for life
E50 Owner
Premium Member
Cheers I kinda thought that's what it was .years ago I heard instead of underseal to use old engine oil ,I'm in no doubt it would protect under your car but think the wife would kill me with all the oil over drive