Summer Maddness @ York Raceway

Karl

Founder
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
Well, yesterday I attended a RWYB (Run What You Brung) event at York Raceway organised by Summer Maddness.

An early start at 5.30, but a great day had by all who attended. Really annoying that out of the 6 people who didn't turn up, 4 of them didn't even bother to drop us a message to say they wouldn't be coming :thumbdown:

Still, onto the pics. And for those of you who don't know, RWYB is a 1/4 mile drag strip event that gives people an opportunity to get their car on the drag strip to see what sort of speeds you can achieve. The performance mod boys use it to show off, but some people just want to see what their cars can do, and others do it just for a laugh!

And of course I had to show off the EOC Trophy :thumbup:

Karl

Founder
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
And some pics from the strip :D

These two are actually a couple. Very lucky to have gone head to head. The Skyline is an R33 GTST with some serious performance mods, pushing 500+ bhp. It's owned by Danny Joice, the owner of Car Couture :thumbup: The Clio is a 2.0 16v Turbo conversion, goes like shit off a shovel. Neither of these had been on the strip before, and both managed to bring their times down a lot over the course of the day.

This was the quickest car on the strip, running a 9.1 second 1/4 mile

Here's a vid of the beat running the 9.1 1/4 mile

[bbvideo=560,315]http://vid4.photobucket.com/albums/y116/aenema86/Kuruma%20UK%20Pics/20150919_145233_zpsb4b0fvkg.mp4[/bbvideo]

JamesS

E51 Owner
I was a nats pube away from putting the battle bus down the strip! If I hadn't had my kids with me then I probably would have done! Quality day out though!

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

BMR

Staff member
E51 Expert
James get to The Jap Show Finals at Santa Pod and run her down the UKs No 1 Drag Race Strip, I am going to as long as its not too busy. We still have 2 spaces left on the club stand and its a fantastic day out.