E50 Sub

Chrisplumber

E50 Owner
Premium Member
Hi. Has anyone fitted a sub and amp in there van? If so where? I would like to keep all the seats and there all swivel (apart from the rear) wondered if anyone has an underwear sub and if so which one?

Madfish

Administrator
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
You can squeeze a couple of subs behind the rear seats...

Amps can be attatched to the sub box

Chrisplumber

E50 Owner
Premium Member
Only problem is I have them up a lot for the pram. And also we camp and sleep in it so don't want to get in the way of the seats folding into a bed

Madfish

Administrator
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
Could maybe fit a couple of 8in subs in the side panel just behind the drivers seat.

I noticed when I had that panel off there was a lot of space behind

Seven

The Engineer
Staff member
E50 Owner
I thought a cylindrical sub might fit between the two front passenger seats. Swiveling might not be an option with the front seats, but it's out of the way of the back. I saw an MTX sub that looked like it might just fit.

Karl

Founder
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
I've got 2x 12" subs in a box behind the rear most seats. I can fold the passenger side seat up without removing them.
When I sleep in it, I sleep with my head nearest the tailgate, the rearmost seats won't go completely flat (not both of them), but to be honest, having them on a slight incline is good for me as it helps to reduce heartburn. Never had any problems sleeping in it. Both myself and my partner slept in it at JAE with this set up, and we slept fine... that could have been helped by the copious amounts of alcohol though.

You could fit a smaller wider box, with a single 12" sub in the back and it would be fine. Could also fit it with quick release connectors so that when it needs to come out/go in, it's plug and play.

Here's the box, albeit this photo was in my old Elgrand. I have now moved them over as far right as I can to give me more space on the left side.

Last edited:

Chrisplumber

E50 Owner
Premium Member
I've got 2x 12" subs in a box behind the rear most seats. I can fold the passenger side seat up without removing them.
When I sleep in it, I sleep with my head nearest the tailgate, the rearmost seats won't go completely flat (not both of them), but to be honest, having them on a slight incline is good for me as it helps to reduce heartburn. Never had any problems sleeping in it. Both myself and my partner slept in it at JAE with this set up, and we slept fine... that could have been helped by the copious amounts of alcohol though.

You could fit a smaller wider box, with a single 12" sub in the back and it would be fine. Could also fit it with quick release connectors so that when it needs to come out/go in, it's plug and play.

Here's the box, albeit this photo was in my old Elgrand. I have now moved them over as far right as I can to give me more space on the left side.

I actually have a 12 inch sub and a few amps in the garage. Might have a mess about with some mff and see if I can configure something to suit. Cheers