Steering wheel/gear shift covers!

MrRob_in

Part of the furniture (please de-cat your e51/2)
Staff member
Premium Member
E51 Expert
E51 Owner
There was a craze of fitting out cars with fluffy interiors in Cyprus in the early 1980s ...
At least once a day they’d be one on fire at side of the road ...

CtrlAltDeceit

Premium Member
E51 Owner
There was a craze of fitting out cars with fluffy interiors in Cyprus in the early 1980s ...
At least once a day they’d be one on fire at side of the road ...
Hang on hang on, I grew up there and remember my mates dads civic having a fluffy wheel and a beaded car seat, we used to pick it apart when he was in the supermarket and left us in the car!

Did you live out there too? Not that you’d have know me when I was like 5 but still!

MrRob_in

Staff member
Premium Member
E51 Expert
E51 Owner
Hang on hang on, I grew up there and remember my mates dads civic having a fluffy wheel and a beaded car seat, we used to pick it apart when he was in the supermarket and left us in the car!

Did you live out there too? Not that you’d have know me when I was like 5 but still!
Nope never lived there but had school friends in Forces families that did. We went for 2.5 weeks every Last week in August into September, to same hotel in Paphos every year. Even had a regular Taxi driver for the (manic) trip down from Larnica. Good times. It’s looks very different on google earth now! ;)

CtrlAltDeceit

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Nope never lived there but had school friends in Forces families that did. We went for 2.5 weeks every Last week in August into September, to same hotel in Paphos every year. Even had a regular Taxi driver for the (manic) trip down from Larnica. Good times. It’s looks very different on google earth now! ;)
Haha sounds about right, paphos was always a combination of beautiful and terrifying with the helmetless wheelie brigade parading around on their motorbikes I grew up in akrotiri then episkopi so paphos was a pretty regular place for any visitors we had to stay too but yeah, I’ve not been back since I was a teenager and I’ve heard the place is so different now. Wouldn’t fancy going back in case it tarnished the memory at this point!

MrRob_in

Staff member
Premium Member
E51 Expert
E51 Owner
I remember one year I was disappointed the guy with the speedboat that taught me to waterski wasn’t about. I’d hung out at his home with his family for days at a time ... he got caught drug running to/from Lebanon ... I’d wondered how he financed a 200hp boat off of waterskiing lessons ...

CtrlAltDeceit

Premium Member
E51 Owner
I remember one year I was disappointed the guy with the speedboat that taught me to waterski wasn’t about. I’d hung out at his home with his family for days at a time ... he got caught drug running to/from Lebanon ... I’d wondered how he financed a 200hp boat off of waterskiing lessons ...
Means to an end, Shirley Valentine was probably really a film about a coke baron using naive middle aged women as drug mules too