• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Yorkshire Squires Japanese Night

Seven

The Engineer
Yorkshire
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Elgrand
Ex Owner
Region
Yorkshire
For over a year now I've been going to the Jap Night at Squires Biker Café outside Sherburn in Elmet, it takes place on the first Tuesday of each month and all kinds of Japanese cars are welcome. Usually the most modified going down in the main parking lot in front of the café. I just thought I'd advertise it because it'd be nice to get a bit of an Elgrand scene going - maybe use it as a venue for a monthly members hangout?

Come down, have a coffee, look around the cars, bikes, trucks and some vans, chill out and enjoy. Some people tend to make a lot of noise and tire smoke as they leave the venue too, perfect for us larger engined vehicles? ;)

It'd be nice to meet some of you and get these beasts recognized!

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Squiresjapmeet/

When my import, unloading today, is road legal I will come over. Not that far from Sheffield is it?

Might be able to get over to one of these meets. Not far for me from York! Evenings aren't great with all the kids I've got, but will see what I can do

When my import, unloading today, is road legal I will come over. Not that far from Sheffield is it?
About 50 minutes. Straight up the M1, M62, A1, off at Selby fork, up a dual carriageway, off then single road to Squires. Simples! :)

Might be able to get over to one of these meets. Not far for me from York! Evenings aren't great with all the kids I've got, but will see what I can do
At the moment it's not very child friendly anyway, loud cars, crowded with people and the occasional wiff of shit weed. Would sure be nice to have a little lineup of Elgrands!

I will def call in to one of these nights in the Elgrand although mine is very standard.... Throughout the summer i am there every week on the bike. If you like classic bikes, as I do (japanese classics as well as the usual brit-iron) then get yourself over there on a Thursday evening too....loads of interesting stuff to drool at.

I will def call in to one of these nights in the Elgrand although mine is very standard.... Throughout the summer i am there every week on the bike. If you like classic bikes, as I do (japanese classics as well as the usual brit-iron) then get yourself over there on a Thursday evening too....loads of interesting stuff to drool at.
My E50 is also pretty standard apart from a few licks of paint here and there. As for being at Squires, I'm in there pretty regularly now. My MCC hosts a social evening that alternates between Tuesdays and Wednesdays and if there's a ride out I'll cruise up there on my Yamaha. Look out for a long haired skinny dude - you can't miss me honestly. In Sherburn I stick out like a sore metalhead, especially true if I've been working all day!

I may be a candidate for an Elgrand / jap car meet at Squires. E51 waiting for a run , but i hate Squires coffee.

Yamaha what? I'll keep an eye out...
See my signature for my garage ;)

1991 Yamaha Virago XV400 that's been bobber-styled, so no rear fender, black short pipes, slightly lowered.

Ah yes..... now I see.... very nice
Good enough for learning on, it's too slow for me now, I would like an SV650 or something I can rip hard and have the cruiser as just that, a cruiser. When I wanted a rip I used to take the BMW out for a hard drive, but since selling that I just have the van. Can't drive that like I used to drive the Beamer! XD

Hehe.. my Elgrand also replaced a bmw... 325i msport. I love the Elgrand but the bmw was way faster

I dont ride the bikes fast. I have a classic rd250 and a honda nsr250 both 2 strokes, you can thrash them without going too fast. I alao have a zzr1100 thats a different kettle of fish but i dont push it. Roads too busy, gravelly, pot holy, and too many crap car drivers on the wrong side of the road reading their ipads

Stay safe

I was looking at a ZZR600 for sale, but I don't have ANY money right now. Just have to adjust the valves on my Virago at some point and hope it gives me back the 10-15mph I lost. I tried a full service and it doesn't backfire when I open the throttle anymore, but it still doesn't have any guts and top speed is literally 60, I swear I've topped it out at 75 before. Taps like a bugger so I'm hoping valves.

I was looking at a ZZR600 for sale, but I don't have ANY money right now. Just have to adjust the valves on my Virago at some point and hope it gives me back the 10-15mph I lost. I tried a full service and it doesn't backfire when I open the throttle anymore, but it still doesn't have any guts and top speed is literally 60, I swear I've topped it out at 75 before. Taps like a bugger so I'm hoping valves.
Check the valve clearance, new air filter, spark plugs, timing..... most modern 4 strokes are pretty bulletproof

For over a year now I've been going to the Jap Night at Squires Biker Café outside Sherburn in Elmet, it takes place on the first Tuesday of each month and all kinds of Japanese cars are welcome. Usually the most modified going down in the main parking lot in front of the café. I just thought I'd advertise it because it'd be nice to get a bit of an Elgrand scene going - maybe use it as a venue for a monthly members hangout?

Come down, have a coffee, look around the cars, bikes, trucks and some vans, chill out and enjoy. Some people tend to make a lot of noise and tire smoke as they leave the venue too, perfect for us larger engined vehicles? ;)

It'd be nice to meet some of you and get these beasts recognized!

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Squiresjapmeet/

Great idea,Seven .... Used to live in Sherburn above the old Co-Op ,am actually off work that Tuesday 4th April,so will try & get along.Be good to see if we can get a few Beasts there as well :);)

Great idea,Seven .... Used to live in Sherburn above the old Co-Op ,am actually off work that Tuesday 4th April,so will try & get along.Be good to see if we can get a few Beasts there as well :);)
I'll see you there! If I'm not with my van, just look for a dude with long hair and a leather biker cut. You honestly can't miss me, just come and say hi - I don't bite.

I'll see you there! If I'm not with my van, just look for a dude with long hair and a leather biker cut. You honestly can't miss me, just come and say hi - I don't bite.

Cheers Seven,likewise look out for the green Ellie,with Zep & Floyd decals on offside Windows !! :D:D

I live in Plymouth but I'm buying a house in Selby next month. So if I'm settled I might come down and sample some of the Jap scene.

Be good to have another beast at the meets :D

Back