• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

South East Southend meet DONE

Mr G

MR G
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
G
Elgrand
E51
Region
Rest Of World
As discussed on Facebook I am planning on having a meet in Southend on the 3rd June.
The best place I can think of is Shoebury common there are large grass parking areas right near a cafe and basic toilets. It's right on the beach. It's far enough away from the main day tripper spots not to be too busy but still have something to do. I'm planning on taking the kids along with a picnic.
Probably aiming for mid/late morning, and will stay until the kids want to go home.
Already have half a dozen up for coming so if your not on facebook pop your name down here.

1. Little G
  2. Absolution
  3. Telgrand
  4. Stephen Foot
  5. Dean Daniel's
  6. Don Graves
  7. Lara Williams
  8. Glen Edwards
  9. Christina MacLeod
  10. RobJo
  11. Andy916
  12. John Cooper
My plan is to meet up at the A127 Tesco SS0 0JP between 1000-1030hrs this is on the way into Southend and you can't miss it. At 1030hrs we can pull out and head to Chalkwell or Westcliff beach and cruise along to Uncle Tom's Cabin. Address for the destination is Uncle Tom's Cabin, Shoebury Common, SS3 9HG.

Last edited:
Let's not let the VW gang have all the fun
tmp_19215-EHS_EHS3936_IMG_01.JPG518940112.jpg
tmp_19215-maxresdefault-1252971404.jpg pop your name down on the list

Come on people a lot more were interested when I asked on Facebook.

Just bought my first Elgrand. An old E50, T plate. Be great to have a nose at some later models. I'd be bringing the kids (9 and 5 years old too) and the missus. We have friends over there too, so would tie in nicely with a visit to them. Rob :)

Excellent, more the merrier.
Once parked up feel free to have a look around and then please yourselves.there is plenty to do.

Great. Let me know on here if it's a no go, otherwise see you there...

I'll be there wether it goes ahead or not.

I have put down the names from Facebook that have confirmed, not sure if they are on the forum, but now the attendance is looking healthier.

4 weeks to go, hopefully it should warm up a bit by then

Might be able to make this, with our newly camper-converted and lpg'd NE51. My partner and I do some sea swimming so will bring wetsuits, and probably a pan of hot soup so we can warm-up afterwards!

Might be able to make this, with our newly camper-converted and lpg'd NE51. My partner and I do some sea swimming so will bring wetsuits, and probably a pan of hot soup so we can warm-up afterwards!
Sounds like the perfect meet for you. Hope to see you there

Got a dozen vans that have said they are coming along now, I'd be happy if half that turned up.

Come on the rest of you that are within a couple of hours drive come along for a day out by the sea.

put me down on the list , can we have a post code as we have not got got a clue where it is
cheers

My bad. The destination is Uncle Toms Cabin, Shoebury Common, SS3 9HG

This meet has crept up quickly.

I know Some people are traveling to Southend from outside the county and I'd just like to know what time people could realistically get there. The reason I ask is Don Graves has suggested meeting at the other end of the seafront and then convoy/cruise all the way down to our destination. I'd like to be parked up at Uncle Tom's Cabin by 1100hrs latest.

My plan is to meet up at the A127 Tesco between 1000-1030hrs this is on the way into Southend and you can't miss it. At 1030hrs we can pull out and head to Chalkwell or Westcliff beach and cruise along to Uncle Tom's Cabin.

Last edited:
We r thinking about coming as in Basildon till Sunday. Do you mean the mayflower retail park tesco on the a127? Cheers dunc

We r thinking about coming as in Basildon till Sunday. Do you mean the mayflower retail park tesco on the a127? Cheers dunc
No, the Southend Tesco by the airport

Back