E51 sliding door

david flint

E51 Owner
hello everyone,just got an e51.electric sliding door shuts to about 6 inchs and then opens again.greased bottom runner .it was ok for a short while but now gone back to working when it wants.any help would be greatly appreciated

malcolmyz85

Here for life
E50 Owner
Premium Member
Hi ,welcome to the club ,sorry i cant help ,i don't have e51.I have heard a few different probs with doors and different fixes on here in past ,there is a search on forum and if u type sliding door in there it will show past problems ,gd luck with your smile machine

Kev

E51 Owner
Hi all- whilst we are on the subject! re the slidindg doors - mine close fine but sound a little creaky!! when you say grease chaps,what is the best to use , just wd40 or another? cheers Kev

Richard Fox

Double Elgrand Obession!
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Noticed my passenger sliding door is a little noisy sounds like a creaking/dry joint.
I guess the best thing to use is a silicone Spray? Wheres the best place to spray just on the rollers or the whole channel?
Any advise is greatly appreciated

MrRob_in

Part of the furniture (please de-cat your e51/2)
Staff member
Premium Member
E51 Expert
E51 Owner
Noticed my passenger sliding door is a little noisy sounds like a creaking/dry joint.
I guess the best thing to use is a silicone Spray? Wheres the best place to spray just on the rollers or the whole channel?
Any advise is greatly appreciated
Someone said not to spray anything on, as lube will stop the rollers rolling and that wears them flat on one spot. Best to clean dust & grit out.
I used silicone spray on my last e51 with no noticeable issues in 6 years / 60k miles of daily opening & closing multiple times.

stevemen

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
hello everyone,just got an e51.electric sliding door shuts to about 6 inchs and then opens again.greased bottom runner .it was ok for a short while but now gone back to working when it wants.any help would be greatly appreciated
Problem lies somewhere between IPDM circuit board or fuse/ sliding door motor possibly on its last legs and or running cable that propels the door worn or jamming in guides/ runners
Steve
Elgrandcarparts.co.uk

Steviejay

Premium Member
E51 Owner

Did you manage to get this sorted? what was the issue?

Always good to get feedback on what the solution was as it helps other members who have this problem in the future.
Cheers

david flint

E51 Owner
hi,apologies ,stevie jay for not thanking everyone at the time for their help and ideas at the time but I have had serios personal problems since then but ok now.unfortunatly problem with door persists

MrRob_in

Part of the furniture (please de-cat your e51/2)
Staff member
Premium Member
E51 Expert
E51 Owner
hi,apologies ,stevie jay for not thanking everyone at the time for their help and ideas at the time but I have had serios personal problems since then but ok now.unfortunatly problem with door persists
Glad you are ok now, have you tried any / all of the above yet? And door still playing up?