• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Simply Jap 2017 at Beaulieu Motor Museum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right then, who's camping, and where? :D

We are camping, I think saturday, sunday and monday (making a small weekend away :)).
We'll be at Ashurst Campsite.

As last years meeting point was perfect, its only 5 mins or so away from Beaulieu, it will be the same again for this years meeting point ;) Ill give a courtesy call to the store during the week just to make sure we are welcome there :)

Meeting Time
8.30 to 9.00

Tesco store
Sizer Way
Dibden
Southampton. SO45 5JA.

@Absolution Without being too much of a "Vanlife Wanker", I'm going to try to camp in Vera for free as a much as possible.

But I'll pop down to Ashurst and get a pitch for a night if you fancy some company, beers, and nerding out about Japan, Elgrands & Anime?

Helloo,

Last years meet at Simply Jap in the beautiful grounds of Beaulieu Motor Museum was a fantastic day. We had a great turn out of Elgrand owners, soo it would be great to carry it on to this years Simply Jap on the 30th July.

If you are interested in coming along for a great day, then please pop your name down.

Tickets for the event are a very reasonable £10 per adult and £5 per child and can be purchased from the Simply Jap Show website:

https://www.beaulieu.co.uk/events/simply-japanese/

Also, if people are interested in making a couple of days out of the event, we may be able to organise camping at a local camp site.

As per last year we will need to meet up prior to going into the event so that we can all arrive together and get to our Club Stand together.

1. Mark H (2 Adults + 1 Child) PAID
2. Darren E (2 Adults + 1 Child)
3. Karl M (2 Adults)
PAID
4. Kris W
5. Andy E PAID
6. Neil S (2 Adults + 1 Doggie) PAID
7. John P PAID
8. Neil C
PAID
9. Lesley H
10. Lee M
11. Chris W (2 Adults + oo Children) PAID
12. Bernadette M
13. Peter S (2 Adults + maybe more) PAID
14. Geoff H
15. Bigvern (2 Adults) PAID
16. Martyn Jones PAID
17. Alboy PAID
18. Alan M PAID
19. LLGrandJ PAID
20. Elena
21. Liz B PAID
22.Emma D PAID (2 adults)
Helloo,

Last years meet at Simply Jap in the beautiful grounds of Beaulieu Motor Museum was a fantastic day. We had a great turn out of Elgrand owners, soo it would be great to carry it on to this years Simply Jap on the 30th July.

If you are interested in coming along for a great day, then please pop your name down.

Tickets for the event are a very reasonable £10 per adult and £5 per child and can be purchased from the Simply Jap Show website:

https://www.beaulieu.co.uk/events/simply-japanese/

Also, if people are interested in making a couple of days out of the event, we may be able to organise camping at a local camp site.

As per last year we will need to meet up prior to going into the event so that we can all arrive together and get to our Club Stand together.

1. Mark H (2 Adults + 1 Child) PAID
2. Darren E (2 Adults + 1 Child)
3. Karl M (2 Adults)
PAID
4. Kris W
5. Andy E PAID
6. Neil S (2 Adults + 1 Doggie) PAID
7. John P PAID
8. Neil C
PAID
9. Lesley H
10. Lee M
11. Chris W (2 Adults + oo Children) PAID
12. Bernadette M
13. Peter S (2 Adults + maybe more) PAID
14. Geoff H
15. Bigvern (2 Adults) PAID
16. Martyn Jones PAID
17. Alboy PAID
18. Alan M PAID
19. LLGrandJ PAID
20. Elena
21. Liz B PAID

Myself and hubby would like to come along. I've purchased tickets and hope there's room for our E50 :)

Myself and hubby would like to come along. I've purchased tickets and hope there's room for our E50 :)
Great :) of course there is room, the more the merrier.
Be great to meet you both and your E50.

@Absolution Without being too much of a "Vanlife Wanker", I'm going to try to camp in Vera for free as a much as possible.

But I'll pop down to Ashurst and get a pitch for a night if you fancy some company, beers, and nerding out about Japan, Elgrands & Anime?
That sounds like a plan. You wont miss us :)

Bit late, but the posts about Beaulieu 2018 has prompted me to say, thanks for such a great day last year. There was one person there (and I'm sorry I've forgotten your name) who put forward the idea of a group driving holiday. Suggested itinerary of France, Spain, Monaco, Andorra, driving in convoy and staying/camping/over night-ing at the same locations. I'm just wondering if that idea is still out there. If so I would be interested. Can anyone prompt me as to who suggested it? Or please reveal yourself. :)

I'm just wondering if that idea is still out there. If so I would be interested. Can anyone prompt me as to who suggested it? Or please reveal yourself. :)

If it's something you would be interested in, please feel free to start a thread and see what interest is out there for it. Being a group thing, I doubt it will be organised entirely by one person, you'd need to do it as a group.

I know I would LOVE to do this myself, but no way can I afford it for a good long while. Great idea though :)

We did a Elgrand meet at Beaulieu a few years ago with the old " Ning " club group. I was a tad peeved off though as the organisers there decided to hide us all away in a top over grown field about 15 mins walk away from the main event arena which was NOT GOOD.

Will this meet actually be in the main grounds hard standing area of the place or indeed up in the field full of cow poo!!!

We did a Elgrand meet at Beaulieu a few years ago with the old " Ning " club group. I was a tad peeved off though as the organisers there decided to hide us all away in a top over grown field about 15 mins walk away from the main event arena which was NOT GOOD.

Will this meet actually be in the main grounds hard standing area of the place or indeed up in the field full of cow poo!!!

This is a thread for an old meet mate, not sure who is organising it this year. Last year there were plenty of Elgrand's there, and they were on grass, but seemed to be in the middle of it all. Can't comment though as I wasn't there.

This is a thread for an old meet mate, not sure who is organising it this year. Last year there were plenty of Elgrand's there, and they were on grass, but seemed to be in the middle of it all. Can't comment though as I wasn't there.
Ok Karl, no doubt someone will know and come along soon to clarify. Cheers

Bit late, but the posts about Beaulieu 2018 has prompted me to say, thanks for such a great day last year. There was one person there (and I'm sorry I've forgotten your name) who put forward the idea of a group driving holiday. Suggested itinerary of France, Spain, Monaco, Andorra, driving in convoy and staying/camping/over night-ing at the same locations. I'm just wondering if that idea is still out there. If so I would be interested. Can anyone prompt me as to who suggested it? Or please reveal yourself. :)
I've had thoughts on this before too. We travel to the south of France every summer and last year I met a big group of people with really nice flash cars taking part in the #purerally. What they did was drive to 5 major cities over the course of a week and have a party at each destination. They started at London and went Paris, Holland, Belgium then south 0f France and across to Barcelona to finish. Sounded like great fun and looked awesome seeing all the cars cruising along together! But obviously not cheap when you take into account fuel for an Elgrand. Would certainly consider doing it if enough people wanted to go, (not this year cause holiday already booked) and it would take a fair bit of planning to get sites booked in advance for everyone. But definitely one to think about 👍😁

I've had thoughts on this before too. We travel to the south of France every summer and last year I met a big group of people with really nice flash cars taking part in the #purerally. What they did was drive to 5 major cities over the course of a week and have a party at each destination. They started at London and went Paris, Holland, Belgium then south 0f France and across to Barcelona to finish. Sounded like great fun and looked awesome seeing all the cars cruising along together! But obviously not cheap when you take into account fuel for an Elgrand. Would certainly consider doing it if enough people wanted to go, (not this year cause holiday already booked) and it would take a fair bit of planning to get sites booked in advance for everyone. But definitely one to think about 👍😁
Logistical nightmare my friend.:cold_sweat:

It would be a logistically challenging but someone at Beaulieu last year had done something similar before as a member of a different car group and had experience of it. There were 21 Elgrands there last year so should be possible to work out who it was eventually.

Last year we were on the grass but only a short stroll from the main event/museum. I thought it was a good spot and lots of people stopped by on their way past.

Logistical nightmare my friend.:cold_sweat:

Doable though. I know the UKLegacy guys have done a series of "Epic Runs" which have involved driving around most of Europe, always passing "the ring" for a bit of fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back