E51 Satnav output to main screen?

Winchester

E51 Owner
Did you get to fit the switch mate
Hi James, yes I have fitted the switch but have not had a chance to put together a video about it... bad weather last week and now running out of time trying to get everything done for Christmas... so I won't be able to get round to this until after the holidays, sorry.

James646

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Hi James, yes I have fitted the switch but have not had a chance to put together a video about it... bad weather last week and now running out of time trying to get everything done for Christmas... so I won't be able to get round to this until after the holidays, sorry.
No problem mate, hope all is well.

nobby62

E51 Owner
I also have a miracast box which works great and allows me to mirror my iphone, music videos, navigation etc to both screens. However with the std setup the front screen shuts off as soon as you disengage the footbrake and move off. So I have been looking for a beatsonic tvk12 so that i can run the iphone navigation through the front screen while driving. There is a uk agent for beatsonic and they are able to supply one for the princely sum of £189 plus vat ! This is for an item that retails in Japan for 8800 jpy. So i have contacted beatsonic directly and they have an overseas shipping department and will supply one for the above price plus 2200 jpy shipping, thats 11000 jpy in total (about £74). Obviously there will be some duty and vat to pay as per hmrc rules but it will be a sight better value than the uk retailer. Just shows how the uk retailers are prepared to rip you off for over double the value of the goods.... My order has been placed and i have paid the paypal invoice... I’ll report when the item arrives...

At 80 quid for the mirrorbox plus an estimated 115 quid, including taxes, for the tvk, i think its a good alternative to ripping out the original hardware and fitting a double din unit.... especially for those like me who are not mad about having the latest ice setup...
Today i received a notification from parcelforce that the parcel is ready for despatch to me subject to the payment of customs charges.... which are £7 vat and £11 clearance fee... not as much as i expected. Looking forward to receiving the parcel

Winchester

E51 Owner
Today i received a notification from parcelforce that the parcel is ready for despatch to me subject to the payment of customs charges.... which are £7 vat and £11 clearance fee... not as much as i expected. Looking forward to receiving the parcel
What’s your Miracast box that works with iPhone?

nobby62

E51 Owner
Its arrived from Japan.....just need to install it now. It will be interesting to see the simple wiring mod that can do the same job as this component cos it looks like a fair bit of electrickery to me o_O