All Recall Check Up

neilloop

E50 Owner
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Hi Neil just got my e51 checked website and found same problem 3225 not implemented was yours resolved?
Hi Dave.
Not had it in for recall but local nissan dealer has been in touch. Will be booking it in tmw. Getting the cats removed immediately after recall has been done.

neilloop

E50 Owner
Premium Member
E51 Owner
postoffice@nissan.co.jp

I emailed this address and got a response the very same day. They said I had a recall outstanding and had to let them know my local Nissan dealer. They then got back to me, again the same day and told me they would contact Nissan Europe. 3 weeks later my local dealer contacts me and car goes in for recall. Great service from Nissan
Hi Darren.
Was the vehicle in for the day or was it a while you wait job How long did it take to do the recall?

bandh

E51 owner
Premium Member
E51 Owner
does this mean mine have been done?
Elgrand recall
(Part of the production car from 2002 to 2006) Recall 2013/09/12 Implemented
2 Improve measures to improve measures in Elgrand 2009/04/02 Implemented
3 Elgrand recall recall 2008/01/31 done
4 Elgrand recall recall 2006/06/13 Implemented
5 Elgrand recall recall 2004/08/19 Implemented
6 Elgrand recall recall 2003/02/06 Implemented

Richard Fox

Double Elgrand Obession!
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Just checked both of mine, silver one is all good but the white one had these two not implemented. The cat one (3225) I am not too bothered about as I have already had them cleared, but should I contact Nissan Japan about the other recall?

Screen Shot 2017-06-12 at 00.09.24.png Screen Shot 2017-06-12 at 00.09.14.png

Richard Fox

Double Elgrand Obession!
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Hope this helps someone in the future, theres also an E50 recall in there....
Think theres a few more recalls I need to check myself.

259.png 3225.png 1205.png 908.png 919.png 1677.png 1885.png 2049.png 2429.png 380.png

MrRob_in

Part of the furniture (please de-cat your e51/2)
Staff member
Premium Member
E51 Expert
E51 Owner
Just checked both of mine, silver one is all good but the white one had these two not implemented. The cat one (3225) I am not too bothered about as I have already had them cleared, but should I contact Nissan Japan about the other recall?
Email them to double check what it was (I can't work out what is outstanding on my small phone screen) Might be first cat remap or brake rotor replacement if early car?

MrRob_in

Part of the furniture (please de-cat your e51/2)
Staff member
Premium Member
E51 Expert
E51 Owner
I will do @MrRob_in if you want sometime I can check yours online and post the ones not implemented if you need it?
Thanks @Richard Fox I've done it myself and only the last cat / remap was outstanding but I never worked out what ones had been done ... I'll dm my chassis number even though I've probably posted it publicly before so you can see for yourself ;)

Hi Everyone.

New Elgrand owner here and have had a terrible experience past 8 months. I bought E51 from importer for around 7k and for first 5 months worked a dream. Then one day i noticed it spluttering and jolting a little but thought it was just a cold day. The next day, tried to pull away and nothing, just kept dying on me. In the end, wouldnt even start. Got it towed away and we are now 8 months on and they cant find what the problem is. They have looked at cats, but all seem fine and now the mechanic is saying he is thinking it is an over fuelling problem but doesnt know where from or why. Could it be the ECU? I have read through the comments on here and understand that there is a recall for this, am i right? How do i go about finding this out? Read so many positives about the Elgrand and i bloody love it, but been off the road for 8 months. Any help or advice would be very much appreciated. Thanks Adam

Phil

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Hi Everyone.

New Elgrand owner here and have had a terrible experience past 8 months. I bought E51 from importer for around 7k and for first 5 months worked a dream. Then one day i noticed it spluttering and jolting a little but thought it was just a cold day. The next day, tried to pull away and nothing, just kept dying on me. In the end, wouldnt even start. Got it towed away and we are now 8 months on and they cant find what the problem is. They have looked at cats, but all seem fine and now the mechanic is saying he is thinking it is an over fuelling problem but doesnt know where from or why. Could it be the ECU? I have read through the comments on here and understand that there is a recall for this, am i right? How do i go about finding this out? Read so many positives about the Elgrand and i bloody love it, but been off the road for 8 months. Any help or advice would be very much appreciated. Thanks Adam
Damn I hope it's not blocked cats that have knackered the engine mate.

To see what recalls yours has had, go to page 1, post1 of this thread & follow the instructions & click the link.

Best of luck with getting it back on the road

Thanks Phil. The mechanic says that he has checked the cats, has removed them aswell and still the problem. He has had it running, but the exhaust gets burning hot and he says that it is over fuelling from somewhere. Will check out the recalls and let you know.

number Contents Type Notification date (start date) Implementation status
1 Elgrand recall (part of production cars from 2002 to 2006) recall 2013/09/12 Done
2 Elgrand improvement measures Improvement measures 2009/04/02 Done
3 Elgrand recall recall 2008/01/31 Done
Four Elgrand recall recall 2006/06/13 Done

I am assuming that all has been done, but how do you know which recall refers to what? Would one of those 4 have been the ECU?

Phil

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Have a look at @Richard Fox post #228 of this thread. You should be able to find all the info required on the recall site.

These may not apply to yours but here's a brief summary of recalls done to mine

Mines an NE51 2002 XL & has had 6 recalls - all performed. Briefly they were

MAY 2003 - 2 problems with automatic transmission fixed.

OCT 2003 - Replace rotation sensor (cam angle sensor & crank angle sensor).

AUG 2004 - Fuel/cat problem. Re program & if signs of damage replace front cats.

JUNE 2006 - Replace disc rotor.

FEB 2008 - Fuel gauge circuit problem. Add auxiliary circuit to fuel gauge circuit.

SEP 2013 - Another cat recall. Re program & inspect for damage. If there's an abnormality replace cats four.