E51 Rear subframe

Guybrush

E51 Owner
I'm looking for a replacement rear subframe for an e51, did have one coming from Tojo motors but that's not worked out, a new one from Nissan is more than I can stretch to and I imagine would have to come from Japan. Anybody breaking an e51 or knows of one breaking that could help me out?
Cheers.

Dave M

Premium Member
Hi
Try these guys "Nippon Auto Spares" in Derby. I've been there today to have a second hand screen fitted and they have two Elgrands in with rear suspension in place I think.
Their telephone number is 01332 293399. Good luck.

Guybrush

E51 Owner
Well the garage I took it to specializes in Japanese imports and... Minis, so I guess they'd know what they're on about then.
I'll give Nippon a ring in the morning, hopefully they'll be able to help. Thanks

Mr G

MR G
Staff member
E51 Owner
Well the garage I took it to specializes in Japanese imports and... Minis, so I guess they'd know what they're on about then.
I'll give Nippon a ring in the morning, hopefully they'll be able to help. Thanks
you should be able to find one from a breaker, I dont think they are in high demand. whats up with yours

Guybrush

E51 Owner
It's rotten, roll bar mount has rusted off but the whole thing is in a poor state, the floor is also rusty to the point where there's holes either side at the rear corners. Dealer had covered the whole thing in a thick layer of under seal but it was obviously like that already as I've had it less than a year. Garage said they'd seen a few with some rot before but this was the worst they've had in.
I'll have to get the floor sorted later, one of the holes is right under the rear air con bits so that's probably not going to be simple either.

Mr G

MR G
Staff member
E51 Owner
It's rotten, roll bar mount has rusted off but the whole thing is in a poor state, the floor is also rusty to the point where there's holes either side at the rear corners. Dealer had covered the whole thing in a thick layer of under seal but it was obviously like that already as I've had it less than a year. Garage said they'd seen a few with some rot before but this was the worst they've had in.
I'll have to get the floor sorted later, one of the holes is right under the rear air con bits so that's probably not going to be simple either.
cheeky Mo Fos covering up the rot.