E51 Rear seat jammed

Helibrian

E50 Owner
My 1998 elgrand r/h rear seat is jammed all the way forward and will not move back no matter how hard I push. The floor is locked in and the handle does move the outboard side but not the floor. I wish it was locked 1 spot back so I could move it up and take it out but that’s not the case. Anyone have any advice?

Nathane69

E50 Owner
My 1998 elgrand r/h rear seat is jammed all the way forward and will not move back no matter how hard I push. The floor is locked in and the handle does move the outboard side but not the floor. I wish it was locked 1 spot back so I could move it up and take it out but that’s not the case. Anyone have any advice?
Hi helibrian ,

Have you tried moving the second row forward to gain access to the third row to create space and sitting on the seat and pushing back whilst working the lever ?

Helibrian

E50 Owner
Yes of course. The handle seems to be working and the seat part where the handle is seems like it wants to work but the floor part won’t budge

malcolmyz85

Here for life
E50 Owner
Premium Member
As above , seat on seat and get someone to wiggle pin from seat into floor , u might have it slightly out of line , this has happened to mine a couple of times , also try seating on seat with lever pulled up and moving all over the place , forward back and sideways up and down

DaveyandBev

E50 Owner
Our E50 the lever felt like it was working but the nut had come loose on handle and wasnt moving it all the way. Simple 10mm socket and screwdriver to remove cover and job done. Sorry if E51 different but just saying how ours felt like it was moving it far enough. Good luck

Derek

Premium Member
Can you release it to put the seat in the store position? I had this problem a few years ago with an e50! Once out of the way I was able to get a screwdriver in and manipulate the slider to go forward to the right position. Then slide the seat forward to the new correct position and it all slid correctly again. A bit vague but it was 5 years ago!