• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Rear Screen VTR Selct

Robo78

Active Newbie
South East
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Elgrand
E51
Region
South East
Hi All

Do i need a remote to select VTR for the rear screen in my Nissan Elgrand e51?

regards

Rob

Hi All

Do i need a remote to select VTR for the rear screen in my Nissan Elgrand e51?

regards

Rob
I am sure you don't. just select the 2 screen button and the rear one should fold down. However to control it you must have a remote. I think

You don't need the remote, press TV on the dash after you press 2 screen. There isn't a lot the remotes are needed for that you can't do front the drivers seat

If I connected a video player does it have to transmit in NTSC mode?

Yes, but it should at least give a fuzzy grey picture with PAL.

The files are avi so I'm guessing that these would not load up on the screen?

The files are avi so I'm guessing that these would not load up on the screen?

If your video player plays Avi then yes it would still show, but in black and white or fuzzy if it's PAL.

As soon as I connect a device via this rca socket will the monitor pick it up as at the moment there is no recognition at all. I think I may have to try another media source. There is a guy on youtube that connects an ipod and is able to play a video. Has he had to convert the video to NTSC or am I missing something?

As soon as I connect a device via this rca socket will the monitor pick it up as at the moment there is no recognition at all. I think I may have to try another media source. There is a guy on youtube that connects an ipod and is able to play a video. Has he had to convert the video to NTSC or am I missing something?

You have to press TV button by Aircon controls to turn monitor to VTR mode, if you have rear screen press the 2tv button also. The front screen will only display video if foot brake is ON.

or you have a bypass switch

You have to press TV button by Aircon controls to turn monitor to VTR mode, if you have rear screen press the 2tv button also. The front screen will only display video if foot brake is ON.
I have applied all of this and still no joy. If I had a bypass switch where would it be?

I have applied all of this and still no joy. If I had a bypass switch where would it be?
Bypass switch wouldn't stop video playing so don't worry about that, all the bypass switch would do is allow video to continue to play with foot brake off.

Do you have a video camera that could output to the RCA sockets. If so maybe you could give that a try. Should be grey and fuzzy, but at least it would confirm whether your system in the car is working or not. At the moment its sounding possibly not. :)

Do you have a video camera that could output to the RCA sockets. If so maybe you could give that a try. Should be grey and fuzzy, but at least it would confirm whether your system in the car is working or not. At the moment its sounding possibly not. :)
I tried connecting a small portable CD player powering it up from the rear 12V supply. The screen recognised the device this time but I still couldn't get anything to play. Might look at getting one of those cyclone devices.

I have a cyclone device and it works fine (although some people have rubbished the quality of the connecting leads and remote control). I say it works fine, but actually I haven't used it that much since I fitted a new 2Din head. The cyclone device can be configured to output NTSC. Think you might be better off trying a DVD player that outputs PAL instead of a CD player, unless CD was a typo. :)

I have a cyclone device and it works fine (although some people have rubbished the quality of the connecting leads and remote control). I say it works fine, but actually I haven't used it that much since I fitted a new 2Din head. The cyclone device can be configured to output NTSC. Think you might be better off trying a DVD player that outputs PAL instead of a CD player, unless CD was a typo. :)
Just bought a cyclone 4 device. Tried connecting it via rca sockets at rear but does not see it. How do I configure the device to output NTSC?

Best way is to connect in house to tv, like you would with dvd player, you can check it works, and access settings to change to ntsc, your not the only ones to have issues with this me and others have all had to play about with the rear screen, threads on av section will help šŸ˜Š

Back