• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

QUICK LOOK UP FOR 2018 SHOWS, EVENTS AND MEETS

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMR

Trader
E51 Owner
E51 Expert
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Elgrand
E51
2018 SHOWS, EVENTS AND MEETS

JANUARY
20th sat,North Wales meet /convoy
Ponderosa cafe, horse shoe pass

FEBRUARY

MARCH
25th supercars northwest meet, southport

APRIL
27th April (may change yet) Inspiring Campers camping on Shell Island, North Wales. Its a friendly relaxing camping break in nice surroundings. (Please contact Rapperfrapper if your up for it).
MAY

JUNE
2nd June (Saturday). JDM Castle Combe, Ghippenham, Wilts. SN14 7EY. For info on this event please see separate post this is being organised by daddyof4 and looks like it could be another good event where you can book track time on the circuit in your Elgrand.

10th June (Sunday). The Jap Show, Santa Pod. This is a Japanese motorshow and race event where owners of Jap vehicles can run them down the drag strip. We will have a 10 car Club Stand and for those of you wanting to make a weekend of it there is drag racing on Saturday and camping on the Saturday nights.

JULY
29th July (Sunday). Simply Japanese. National Motor Museum. Beaulieu, New forest. This show is a great day out for all the family and has been well attended by our club over the last couple of years.
AUGUST
12th August. NissShow. Rockingham Motor Speedway. Northampton. This is a Nissan only event for all kinds of Nissans to meet and show at the motorsport venue. (Please see Phil (Minty) if enough interest a club stand could be organised.) (SHOW CANCELLED)

30th August - 2nd September. THE JAE. Peterborough Show Ground. This is the Main show of the year and is a must to go to so don't miss it.

SEPTEMBER
23rd September (Sunday). The Jap Show Finals. Santa Pod. We will have a 10 car club stand there. Japanese drag racing. You can even run your Elgrand down the drag strip. Why not make a weekend of it with drag racing on Saturday and Saturday night camping.

OCTOBER

NOVEMBER

DECEMBER

Last edited:
I'm organising some Elgrand to meet up for a weekend on Shell Island, Llanbedr, North Wales, on April poss 27th, it's being organised by Inspiring campers, and I am organising the Elgrand peeps who want to go in conjunction with the inspiring campers.
It's £8 per night which includes the use of shell island s ammenities including toilets, showers, washing facilities.
Inspiring campers will be providing marquees, music, and fire pits to keep us warm, but I'm sure will ask for peeps to bring some food/charcoal/wood along as they provided bbqs. But it's pretty much all muck in, and they are a really fri3ndly bunch and would be nice to have the two groups together on she'll which has some amazing vie2s.

12/08/18 - NissShow - Rockingham Motor Speedway - One day Multi-model Nissan show. I'll organise a club stand for this if anyone is interested.

I'm organising some Elgrand to meet up for a weekend on Shell Island, Llanbedr, North Wales, on April poss 27th, it's being organised by Inspiring campers, and I am organising the Elgrand peeps who want to go in conjunction with the inspiring campers.
It's £8 per night which includes the use of shell island s ammenities including toilets, showers, washing facilities.
Inspiring campers will be providing marquees, music, and fire pits to keep us warm, but I'm sure will ask for peeps to bring some food/charcoal/wood along as they provided bbqs. But it's pretty much all muck in, and they are a really fri3ndly bunch and would be nice to have the two groups together on she'll which has some amazing vie2s.

That's a bit of a coincidence! I've been to Shell Island most years from 1979 to present day, first as a kid with the family with dad taking his boat(s) and since with my family / sometimes with my son and taking my boat. My dad was head of the boating club there when he died in 2008 and I believe his last boat (yacht) is still moored there. Lots of memories of Shell Island past and recent years lol. We were thinking of gong to Shell Island this year at some point, we might make that point April now (even though I've known it snow at Shell in July lol). I don't own an Elgrand but lots of owners know me as I converted more than 30 Elgrands to LPG last year and have broken off from converting an E50 to LPG to write this. Anyone I know planning on going?

Hope you don't mind me saying Rapper but might be a good idea to put your full screen name Rapperfrapper in the message you put on the meets page, the girlfriend found your message on the meets page and told me about it by txt but I couldn't find you or anything about the meet when I searched for Rapper...

Unfortunately nissshow has been cancelled again. A larger event has been scheduled for the same date so the couple who organise it have decided to cancel. I don’t think they can make it financially viable since Nissan cancelled their backing either.

That's a bit of a coincidence! I've been to Shell Island most years from 1979 to present day, first as a kid with the family with dad taking his boat(s) and since with my family / sometimes with my son and taking my boat. My dad was head of the boating club there when he died in 2008 and I believe his last boat (yacht) is still moored there. Lots of memories of Shell Island past and recent years lol. We were thinking of gong to Shell Island this year at some point, we might make that point April now (even though I've known it snow at Shell in July lol). I don't own an Elgrand but lots of owners know me as I converted more than 30 Elgrands to LPG last year and have broken off from converting an E50 to LPG to write this. Anyone I know planning on going?

Hope you don't mind me saying Rapper but might be a good idea to put your full screen name Rapperfrapper in the message you put on the meets page, the girlfriend found your message on the meets page and told me about it by txt but I couldn't find you or anything about the meet when I searched for Rapper...
I've altered my name but that wasn't done by me, Soz so hadn't noticed

i am booked for shell island weekend just me and the dog for this as the mrs has to work saturdays.

My dad was head of the boating club there when he died in 2008 and I believe his last boat tour of britain is still moored there. Lots of memories of Shell Island past and recent years lol. We were thinking of gong to Shell Island this year at some point, we might make that point April now

Last edited:
My dad was head of the boating club there when he died in 2008 and I believe his last boat 32 red slots is still moored there. Lots of memories of Shell Island past and recent years lol. We were thinking of gong to Shell Island this year at some point, we might make that point April now
Our dads will have known each other! My dad Bill Andrew also chaired boating meetings at Shell Island and also died in 2008 (boxing day). I last went to Shell Island a couple of years ago (took my little speed boat and went with my son), his last boat a yellow yacht called Nagaina was still there. He was one of a few Shell Island boating club owners who shared a yacht in Majorca. I'm just looking at SISPC's (Shell Island Sail and Power Club) 2007 yearbook which has the names of all the boaters at Shell Island that year.. could probably guess your maiden name in about 3 goes! See my post from Feb14th on this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back