Project Murasaki

Karl

Founder
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
The pictures don't do this bus justice. It looks good in the pics, but it's stunning in the flesh!

Kiwi

E50 Owner
Premium Member
Thanks for the photo Madfish they do look good & you've just turned on the switch.
I think I'll take a trip to some guy who sells a lot of seat covers which I think he makes.
Seen them sold online, very bloody pricy & not seeing photos of them actually installed it hard to justify the wasting good money. Also colour spraying them is even more pricy.
Really like to cover all of my seats & arm rests, No damage, just show there age like me.
Let you know how it goes.

Madfish

Administrator
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
Been a while since I updated this thread...

I've been in with installing the multimedia and dayvan stuff...

Panels stripped
20170813_161354.jpg

Power cables run
20170813_184021.jpg

Running data cables
20170819_104800.jpg

Power and earth for center table
20170813_203110.jpg

New 8in touchscreen
20170819_172535.jpg

Center table housing electronics (CarPC, amps, vga splitter, android box for tv, inverter...)
20170820_191855.jpg

Table opened up for bed mode
20170820_192143.jpg

Setting up CarPC
20170815_211216.jpg

It all looks a mess but once all trimmed and lighting installed it'll look much better :)

Last edited:

Madfish

Administrator
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
Just keeping thread up to date...

New iridium plugs fitted and new coilpacks this weekend.

She's running well :)

Time for new carpets and get the entertainment finished :)

Seven

The Engineer
Staff member
E50 Owner
Why do people bother with iridium plugs? You'd change your sparks on a full service anyway, so why pay extra for longevity? At least in bikes, iridium plugs cost twice as much than our NGK ones and literally don't alter performance. Maybe if you were running mad boost and compression then it might be worth going for iridum but for normal uses... Nah. I'd save myself £30 for fuel! :p

malcolmyz85

Here for life
E50 Owner
Premium Member
Main reason I use iridium plugs ,is I’ve used them for years in mx race bikes , really gd in a two stroke , never had one die in a race , remember once putting a ngk in sons bike and plug died on line , never used them again , think they are standand on 3.5 Elgrand ,

Madfish

Administrator
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
Yeah standard fitment on the 3.5 plus 60k mile service lifespan so won't have to do that job again in my ownership time...

Karl

Founder
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
Because it's a fucking stupid job, with no access to anything. You need to be a gynaecologist with double jointed fingers to do it... or a magician. Putting plugs in that last a year or 2 at best is just asking for trouble. Much better to get the long life plugs that will do 60-70k miles to last 5-6 years to save the hassle of having to do it.

Seven

The Engineer
Staff member
E50 Owner
Because it's a fucking stupid job, with no access to anything. You need to be a gynaecologist with double jointed fingers to do it... or a magician. Putting plugs in that last a year or 2 at best is just asking for trouble. Much better to get the long life plugs that will do 60-70k miles to last 5-6 years to save the hassle of having to do it.
Or just be a ridiculously lanky cunt like me. Even then though there are some bolts I just can't get to on some bikes without having 3 hands, a top hat and a rabbit.

Madfish

Administrator
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
6 hours (on and off)

Missing skin and blood

Lots of swearing

If paying a little extra for the proper plugs stops the need to do this every service then its a no brainer for me :)

I thought the legacy was bad (flat 4, both heads against chassis legs) but there is better access and only 4 to do :)

Next job... Fuel filter and get her ready for MOT in a month. I think everything is good (not done a thousand miles since last year)