Project Murasaki

MrRob_in

Part of the furniture (please de-cat your e51/2)
Staff member
Premium Member
E51 Expert
E51 Owner
lovely colour combo, cant help thinking it needs a bit of pin striping along the middle or on the grille just to finish it off
No no, it's the solid blocks of colour and simplicity of the styling that lets the light pick out the details which makes this car so special (imo - and I love we all have different opinions) less is more sometimes;)

Madfish

Administrator
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
I have actually toyed with the idea of some VIP style pinstripe in purple running the length of the bus finishing in a fancy swirl at the rear but though it might make it look too busy...

I'm really happy how she looks as she is now :) the majority of my mods will be interior, audio and engine bay.

Just one very small addition to the outside coming in the next week or so ;)

Madfish

Administrator
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
Ta :)

Murasaki is away at the moment getting a dinitrol underseal applied...

Will have her back in a week with plenty of before and after pictures :)

Phil

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Looks stunning Mark was thinking of giving the bottom of my bus a color change and yours has given me a few ideas
Yeah me too - not to have purple!! :)

I'm only joking, the wife & kids love it & it's another one of those - "if we keep it we could make it look better by getting rid of the boring silver at the bottom"

Yep it's on the to do list. :nod:

Notts trev

E50 Owner
Premium Member
I think I'm going to have the boring silver bit of the bottom of mine vinyl wrapped in black and white checks
Don't ask it's a bit of a theme thing I have in mind

Phil

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
I think I'm going to have the boring silver bit of the bottom of mine vinyl wrapped in black and white checks
Don't ask it's a bit of a theme thing I have in mind
I do like the silver on mine. But when you look at some things other members have done with theirs, you think wow that looks good & some of the all white ones look great. I'm afraid I'm a boring old Elgrand XL man who likes his leather seats luxury & I'm not really into fancy wheels & body kits.

But I'm always open to ideas :)

MrRob_in

Part of the furniture (please de-cat your e51/2)
Staff member
Premium Member
E51 Expert
E51 Owner
Ta :)

Murasaki is away at the moment getting a dinitrol underseal applied...

Will have her back in a week with plenty of before and after pictures :)
Looking forward to hearing how it goes, need to get mine done asap after it gets plates.

Madfish

Administrator
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
Yep, in fact the boss kit I have used here is actually for the E51... had to modify it to fit my E50

Madfish

Administrator
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
There is a resistor in the kit that fools the airbag light so it doesn't stay illuminated.

Madfish

Administrator
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
I got it from EPRacing and i think it will fit all models of E51 but best check when ordering