• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Project "Member Map" in progress

Karl

The Boss
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
North East
E50 Expert
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Elgrand
E50
Region
North East
The amount of people I get asking "have you got any members near X" or, "how many people live near Y" is astounding. So to help with this, I have started project "Member Map".

LINK TO MEMBER MAP

This map is now an automatic system that adds ANY members with more than 10 posts.
The locator is based on IP GeoTagging, so the pin will be "roughly" where you are, but not precise.
This means that your location is not specific, but a good indication which will help people arranging meets etc in your area.

YOUR PIN MAY BE IN THE WRONG PLACE AS THE LOCATION IS BASED ON YOUR IP ADDRESS
  1. Find your Pin
  2. If it is in the correct location, please move it slightly so that it remembers where you drop the pin, it will not move from where you drop it.
  3. If your pin is in the WRONG location, please locate it and drag it to the correct place, it will not move from where you drop it.
  4. If you are in the correct place but you DO NOT MOVE THE PIN, then you will find your pin moves if you log on with another device.

If you do NOT want to be on the map, you can OPT-OUT. To do this, click the link above, find your pin and click the "opt out" check box, your pin will then be removed.

GDPR DISCLAIMER

By signing up as a Member of ElgrandOC, and actively partaking in the forum:

I agree for my personal data, provided via IP based GeoTagging to be processed by ElgrandOC.

I agree for my personal data, provided via map API calls, to be processed by the API provider, for the purposes of geocoding (converting addresses to coordinates).

When using the User Generated Marker addon, data will be stored indefinitiely for the following purpose(s):
  • To allow other members of ElgrandOC to locate me on a map
  • To allow event organisers to find local members for events, and agreeing to allow them to contact me via the forum to include me in said events.
  • To allow the ElgrandOC administration to generate statistics based on geographical information given.

Last edited:
You do need to check on where the map locates you. Ours were about 10 miles away but you can move it to your exact local then save it. Was a bit frightening to see the zoomed in image of our house and garden. I don’t know when Google earth took the photo but our garden looks a right mess, trying to hide it from the wife otherwise I can see me out there tidying up😢

You do need to check on where the map locates you. Ours were about 10 miles away but you can move it to your exact local then save it. Was a bit frightening to see the zoomed in image of our house and garden. I don’t know when Google earth took the photo but our garden looks a right mess, trying to hide it from the wife otherwise I can see me out there tidying up😢
I thought the very same thing when I looked at my house. In my defence i sorted it out before seeing the sat map. Also if you travel around the country with work it might put you some where random. Im based in Teesside but my pin was found by @Karl in Leicester of all places. It seems I had 2 geotags. 1 in London and 1 at home and I'd been places some where in the middle.

The map is awesome, I just can't believe you didn't call it project remap.

Ok... so with the new pin "grouping" when zoomed out... there appears to be a bug. Some people who are located in exactly the same place based on IP address cannot be separated. As a lot of people will have the same ISP, this means that there are large groups of people under one pin that cannot be split out. I have asked for this to be looked at and will update accordingly as soon as an update has been released.

No problem. I know we're I am I think 🤔😎👍.

When I click member map it's blank and it says I have to go into settings and turn on my location... I did that and it's already on and the member map is still blank. any ideas as to what this none techno mere mortal is doing wrong?

sorry not sure I explained that properly, when I said blank I meant that there is nothing there just a white screen :confused:

Last edited:
The member map has been set to "ONLINE USERS ONLY" so this should make it easier for people to find their markers.

Find it, drag it to the correct place, and then it will not move again.

Please do this ASAP so that we can turn "ALL MEMBERS" back on to show correct information for everyone.

@John64 can you PM me some screenshots of what you are seeing so that I can assist?

The member map has been set to "ONLINE USERS ONLY" so this should make it easier for people to find their markers.

Find it, drag it to the correct place, and then it will not move again.

Please do this ASAP so that we can turn "ALL MEMBERS" back on to show correct information for everyone.

@John64 can you PM me some screenshots of what you are seeing so that I can assist?
Many thanks Karl,. Now sorted,

Malcolm Worth

Many thanks Karl,. Now sorted,

Malcolm Worth

Did you have to move your pin? If not, please just go on it and drag it a little bit so that it remembers where you are and won't move again.

Thanks Karl, I am now where I am...... Not where I am not.

I need to have 10 posts to be able to see this... so here's a post.

Seriously though, am interested in seeing who's local to me, I'd love to get a closer look at an E51, and maybe an E52 as I'm struggling to decide between the 2.

I would be interested in this. Not got to 10 posts yet so posting to add 1 more post!

I rarely know whether I'm coming or going, but I know where I'm at 😁. All done. Fab idea and bit of work Karl.

And if you can't see your pin.....?

Looks like I am under Dazzler.... can't work out how to drag mine about 3 miles north..

I can see my pin when it is zoomed out a bit - but when I zoom in closer to grab it it appears to be buried under Dazzler's pin

Back