Project "Member Map" in progress

Karl

Founder
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
The amount of people I get asking "have you got any members near X" or, "how many people live near Y" is astounding. So to help with this, I have started project "Member Map".

LINK TO MEMBER MAP

This will be a Google Maps based map that will have pin pointers on with the location of members. This will go on to become MORE than a members map, we will be able to add points of interest, meet locations, recommended garages, recommended agents etc etc all over the country, and will be a fantastic community resource.

To get the ball rolling, I need details. I will NOT add you to the map unless you reply to this thread. Exact addresses are NOT required. You can use as much or as little detail as you like (ie a street/town name, post code etc).

Members will then be able to check the map to see who is local to them. The map will give basic contact details, again depending on what you want to add (username, real name, email address?).

So. I will get the ball rolling with an example of what detail I require. Fill in as much as you want, and let's get this map on the road (excuse the pun).

EOC Username: Karl
Facebook Username: Karl Williams
Email Address: karl@elgrandoc.uk

Last edited:

Karl

Founder
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
Have I moved?
Nobody told me.

I'm in m21
You in the right place now mate?

CAN YOU ALL PLEASE USE THE FORMAT BELOW (YOU DON'T NEED TO ADD EVERY LINE, BUT PLEASE KEEP THE HEADINGS!!!). IT TAKES ME AGES TO ADD EOC USERNAME / REAL NAME / FACEBOOK NAME ETC TO EACH LISTING.

This is a MANUAL COPY AND PASTE job. It's not automatic, I have to do it. Ensuring the format is correct makes each update 30 seconds rather than 2 minutes!!!!

Anyone who doesn't use the pre-fixes now will have their post deleted without notification and details will NOT be added to the map. Thank you.

EOC Username: Karl
Facebook Username: Karl Williams
Email Address: karl@elgrandoc.uk

Mr G

MR G
Staff member
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Its like Christmas all over again, I do all the cooking etc etc and then the in-laws thank my wife for a lovely meal.

I'm going to move his drop pin to Coventry.