• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Premium Member offer: Free download of Android app DigiHUD Speedometer Pro!

Thanks guys, it's great to be able to help the club in any way I can. It's helped me plenty :cool:

I'd be really interested to see how other people use the app. I get emails from people all over the world telling me how they use it and there are quite a few videos on YouTube of people using it. It's really cool to think it's something I've created.

This is how I use it every time I drive. The pumpkin automatically starts the app, which is probably THE best reason to own a Pumpkin.
When I drive the wife's car I look down at the radio to see how fast I'm going! :p

20160522_182819.jpg

Used this on my way home from work. Its Awesome @MrChops ๐Ÿ‘ The hud up view works really well on the windscreen (in the dark at least anyway) without needing one of those screens you have to stick on. Very accurate to my speedo in the car so feel confident going by the app. Just need something to stop my phone sliding around now! Lol. Thanks very much for this, top man!! ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜ gonna make my drive across France in the summer much better!

Used this on my way home from work. Its Awesome @MrChops ๐Ÿ‘ The hud up view works really well on the windscreen (in the dark at least anyway) without needing one of those screens you have to stick on. Very accurate to my speedo in the car so feel confident going by the app. Just need something to stop my phone sliding around now! Lol. Thanks very much for this, top man!! ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜ gonna make my drive across France in the summer much better!
A cheap anti-slip mat will do the trick. You can get one at a local parts store, either the perforated rubber mats work, so long as there's weight on them or these "rubber anti-slip phone holders" which is just a rectangular rubber mat, sometimes with a non-residual adhesive strip on the back.

A cheap anti-slip mat will do the trick. You can get one at a local parts store, either the perforated rubber mats work, so long as there's weight on them or these "rubber anti-slip phone holders" which is just a rectangular rubber mat, sometimes with a non-residual adhesive strip on the back.
Cheers bud. On it like a car bonnet on my next day off ๐Ÿ‘

There are so many similar apps in the Play Store that I'd given up trying them and recently bought a dedicated GPS Speedo unit from China.

However, as that unit sits in my daily drive rather than the Ellie, and the @MrChops one is not one I'd tried before. I'm going to give it a go on my Ellie's Pumpkin and in recognition of its superior features I'm going to buy the paid for version as I reckon @MrChops deserves the very modest fee.:)

There are so many similar apps in the Play Store that I'd given up trying them and recently bought a dedicated GPS Speedo unit from China.

However, as that unit sits in my daily drive rather than the Ellie, and the @MrChops one is not one I'd tried before. I'm going to give it a go on my Ellie's Pumpkin and in recognition of its superior features I'm going to buy the paid for version as I reckon @MrChops deserves the very modest fee.:)

Nice one Alan. I was very surprised to see how little @MrChops is asking for the app when I downloaded it today. :)

A guy I work with said to me this morning "Is this your app?", and showed me a still from his TV.
TGT.PNG

Yes it is my app, which they approached me about using last year. It all went quiet and I'd assumed it wasn't used. Even though it's a couple of seconds of footage it still makes me smile that they used it. I wish they'd used it for the record breaking run...

Thanks for the freebie James...Top Man.
Looks a great app and looking forward to have a play with it tomorrow ๐Ÿ˜

A guy I work with said to me this morning "Is this your app?", and showed me a still from his TV.
View attachment 3007

Yes it is my app, which they approached me about using last year. It all went quiet and I'd assumed it wasn't used. Even though it's a couple of seconds of footage it still makes me smile that they used it. I wish they'd used it for the record breaking run...
Haha how cool is that!! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

Thanks James! I'll give it a try as soon as the white stuff outside disappears!!

Thanks James, great App.

Hi all, in order to try and give something back to this fantastic community that's given me so much over the last two years I've decided to offer every Premium Member a free copy of my Android app DigiHUD Speedometer Pro! I'm posting it here to highlight another benefit of becoming a Premium Member..

Thanks man, erm, what is it? It's a GPS speedometer primarily, with a bunch of other features, including a Head-Up Display mode. It's only available for Android currently but I hope to have an iOS version available eventually. The free version has been downloaded by over 12 million people.

Why did you make it? I started the project back in 2012 after seeing a cool speedometer app on an iPhone, and being a programmer by trade I thought I'd build my own. Over the past six years what started as a simple tool for my own amusement grew into a popular free app, which spawned a paid version with a load more features. Neither version has any ads. I hate ads! I still have a lot of plans for it in the future but it's a hobby and I don't have a lot of time to work on it.

How can I find out more about it? Have a look at the app listing in the Google Play store.

Ok then, how do I get it? If you're a Premium Member of EOC send me a private message on here asking for a code. I'll send you a unique promo code that you can apply in the Play Store. This gives you a free download of the Pro version. The app will be linked to the Google account you use for the Play store so you can uninstall and reinstall again in the future without having to 'buy' it again. It's yours free for as long as you use that account, and if you use that account on multiple devices then you can install the app on all of them.

One free copy of the app is available only to Premium Members. Codes can only be requested via private message on the ElgrandOC forum, and I'll try and respond as quickly as I can.

If you've recently bought the Pro version then message me, I'm sure I can sort something out.

Top man! Very generous of you!

I've been using this app on my android head unit for several months now and I love the the mode whereby you can display a resizeable and moveable window on top of every other app window. My favourite use of this feature is when running the satnav app and I position the speed readout in the top RH corner so I can keep an easy eye on my speed.

The accuracy matches the OEM speedo precisely. The best GPS app I've ever tried.

I've been using this app on my android head unit for several months now and I love the the mode whereby you can display a resizeable and moveable window on top of every other app window. My favourite use of this feature is when running the satnav app and I position the speed readout in the top RH corner so I can keep an easy eye on my speed.

The accuracy matches the OEM speedo precisely. The best GPS app I've ever tried.

I'll have to give that feature a try - thanks :)

Back