E50 Petrol cap

Madfish

Administrator
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
Quick question, what does your petrol cap look like and does it have a place to store it when filling?

Mine looks like a dodgy replacement I think and there's no where to store it when filling up...

Mr G

MR G
Staff member
Premium Member
E51 Owner
I know that the 51 is the same as a number if other models Inc 350z. My string has just snapped after 18 months of hanging on in there. So I want get a new one so it hangs on the hook, nice and neat.

Madfish

Administrator
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
Wonder if E50 and E51 are the same? Can't see any reason why not...

Karl

Founder
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
Mine has nowhere to hang or store. Have to hold it or put it on the pump when filling up.

Madfish

Administrator
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
Ok, so no provisions on the E50 to store the cap.

Might be original cap then, Karl, remind me to have a look at yours when I see you next

Karl

Founder
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
I'm always in if you fancy a pop over. Next time I will be over that way in the van might be a while from now :)

Kriss

E50 Owner
Premium Member
Mine is the red diesel one too....also with no storage...... I'm planning on putting a bit of chain on it so it dangles...... just cos I find it so time consuming reaching over to the pump to put it down......then reaching over again to pick it back up....🙁.... I can't be bothered me.... I've things to do... 😫.... I find walking all the way to the till an even bigger heart ache.... I need a butler me I think... 😎

RobP

E50 Owner
Premium Member
Just a standard black plastic twist cap on mine and no storage either. Seems to be pretty standard on the E50 then.
@Kriss pay at pump is the way forward! will save your legs and a fair bit of time 👍

MrRob_in

Part of the furniture (please de-cat your e51/2)
Staff member
Premium Member
E51 Expert
E51 Owner
Mine is the red diesel one too....also with no storage...... I'm planning on putting a bit of chain on it so it dangles...... just cos I find it so time consuming reaching over to the pump to put it down......then reaching over again to pick it back up....🙁.... I can't be bothered me.... I've things to do... 😫.... I find walking all the way to the till an even bigger heart ache.... I need a butler me I think... 😎

Gotta love Pay At The Pump at my local Tesco Garage... no need to ‘talk’ to cashier either ✅😉

MrRob_in

Part of the furniture (please de-cat your e51/2)
Staff member
Premium Member
E51 Expert
E51 Owner
Mmm but the pump won't scan my new clubcard.
Yep the centre pumps (although brand new last year) refuse to recognise my bank card or pump fuel at the same time. I have 100% success at 1/2 and 5/6 ... but 3/4 punps nice and slow which is necessarily for the Chevy’s relocated fuel filler that runs the whole side of van from back to tank behind gearbox so airlocks if flow is too strong.

I spend far too much time and £ there.

Garry Daniels

E50 Owner
Premium Member
I have trimmed mine down just a tad so now it fits between the trigger and trigger guard of a standard bowser. Means that filling the tank is now a hands free exercise. p.s. May not be legal in all countries. :yum