E50 Open Boot Draining Battery

dancapp

E50 Owner
Will having the boot open for long periods of time drain a healthy battery? My E50 won't start today and I'm racking my brain to figure out why. The only thing I can think is that I had the boot open for several hours yesterday loading stuff in.

Harvo

Here for life
E50 Owner
Premium Member
Pretty sure the only thing powered when the boot is open is the little light in the rear panel. I wouldn't have thought that was enough to drain the battery unless yours isn't as healthy as you think? It would be enough to stop mine starting but my battery is on its last legs!

Harvo

Here for life
E50 Owner
Premium Member
It might just be down on charge mate. Winter can be harsh on batteries with all electricals on etc versus possible short journeys. You could take it somewhere for a battery health check provided you trust their diagnosis.

RobP

E50 Owner
Premium Member
My dome light comes on with boot open too! Which if they're still normal bulbs in there (not leds) it will drain the battery pretty quickly.

Harvo

Here for life
E50 Owner
Premium Member
Ah. Mines buggered so wasn't sure if it came on as well. Must check to see if it's just the bulb gone.

Jasper

E50 Owner
My dome light comes on with boot open too! Which if they're still normal bulbs in there (not leds) it will drain the battery pretty quickly.
Same, and I usually switch the rear lights off via the switch on the dash to avoid getting caught out.

RobP

E50 Owner
Premium Member
Same, and I usually switch the rear lights off via the switch on the dash to avoid getting caught out.
Got leds in all my interior lights and you can have doors open for ages without draining the battery. Ideal when camping!