E51 OBD (Consult 2) Code Reader/Clearer Tools

Biffo

Premium Member
E51 Owner
I've seen the spread sheet on what this i903 covers, but does it allow you to change any settings, ie idle speed, learn function, program keys, or is it purely just for reading codes & clearing them, also showing what the engine running data?

Nothing better than finding out from someone that has used one.

Biffo

Premium Member
E51 Owner
I presently have one of these ELM327 do-da's, for a sum of £5, in conjunction with the NDSII lite ap on my phone, it reads all the codes and you can clear the codes, it also gives you the engine data as a live stream.
So if these other tools can only do similar, they're a bit expensive when this costs only £5. I'd want more for my money, so if anyone can explain anything else that the i903 can do, I could be interested also.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OBD2-Aut...243718?hash=item3acf8d3f86:g:LAQAAOSwQcJaA~xu

20180209_124259[1].jpg

( PS: I believe that the updated version V2.1 will NOT work with NDSII lite - only what I've read)

Below is what I can read in real time, (There's another page full with other reading, TPS etc)

DSCF0297.JPG

Richard Fox

Double Elgrand Obession!
Premium Member
E51 Owner
I presently have one of these ELM327 do-da's, for a sum of £5, in conjunction with the NDSII lite ap on my phone, it reads all the codes and you can clear the codes, it also gives you the engine data as a live stream.
So if these other tools can only do similar, they're a bit expensive when this costs only £5. I'd want more for my money, so if anyone can explain anything else that the i903 can do, I could be interested also.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OBD2-Aut...243718?hash=item3acf8d3f86:g:LAQAAOSwQcJaA~xu

View attachment 2701

( PS: I believe that the updated version V2.1 will NOT work with NDSII lite - only what I've read)

Below is what I can read in real time, (There's another page full with other reading, TPS etc)

View attachment 2700

I guess this is for Android phone not iPhones? :confused:

Chris T

Premium Member

View attachment 2701

View attachment 2700
I'd so want that on a built in screen showing every time I'm driving 😁

Last edited:

Garry Daniels

E50 Owner
Premium Member
Yes, the budget tools are fine for detecting fault codes in the ECM (Engine Control Module for petrol engines), and for the average guy that's enough. However, there are 6 other modules within the Consult II protocol, and you probably would not need these unless you were a professional mechanic or a seroius repairer. Here they are if anybody's interested.

NDSII-Protocols.jpg

Biffo

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Yes, the budget tools are fine for detecting fault codes in the ECM (Engine Control Module for petrol engines), and for the average guy that's enough. However, there are 6 other modules within the Consult II protocol, and you probably would not need these unless you were a professional mechanic or a seroius repairer. Here they are if anybody's interested.
There might be in the professional very expensive software, but looking further into the link that I posted early on in the thread.
http://www.obdinnovations.com/obd2-...ssan-datascan-ii-diagnostic-software-package/

Looking at the "Supported vehicles" list, you'll find that this software is only good for the ECM and SRS systems, NO OTHERS.

Nissan DataScan II software has been tested on following cars:

• Nissan 350Z Z33 VQ35DE - ECM, BCM*, TCM, ABS, SRS
  • Nissan Almera Tino V10 (YD22DDT) - ECMD
  • Nissan Almera N16 (QG15DE) - ECM
  • Nissan Altima L31 (VQ35DE) - ECM
  • Nissan Frontier D40 (VQ40DE) - ECM
  • Nissan Maxima A33 (VQ30DE), A34 (VQ35DE), J31 - ECM
  • Nissan Micra K11 (1999 or later) - ECM
  • Nissan Micra K12 - ECM, SRS
  • Nissan Murano Z50 (VQ35DE) - ECM
  • Nissan Note E11 - ECM
  • Nissan Pathfinder R50 (VQ35DE) - ECM
  • Nissan Primera P12 (petrol) - ECM
  • Nissan Primera P11-144 (petrol) - ECM
  • Nissan Primera P12 2.2 DCI (diesel) - ECMD
  • Nissan Pulsar N16 - ECM
  • Nissan Quest 2004+ (VQ35DE) - ECM
  • Nissan Sentra 2002 SE-R (QR25DE) - ECM
  • Nissan Skyline V35 350GT (VQ35DE)- ECM, BCM*, TCM, ABS, SRS
  • Nissan Skyline V35 (VQ25DD) - ECM, BCM*, ABS, SRS
  • Nissan Stegea 350RX (VQ35DE) - ECM
  • Nissan Titan (VK56DE) - ECM
  • Nissan Xterra N50 (VQ40DE) - ECM
  • Nissan Xtrail T30 (QR20DE) - ECM, ABS
  • Nissan Xtrail T30 (YD2.2ETI) - ECMD
  • Nissan Sentra 1.8 (2001) - ECM
  • Nissan Patrol GUIII (TB48DE) - ECM, TCM
  • Nissan Elgrand E50 (VQ30DE) - ECM, SRS <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
  • Nissan Elgrand E51 (VQ35DE) - ECM, SRS <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
  • Nissan Dualis ST J10 (MR20DE)- ECM
  • Infiniti M45 (Y34) (2003-2004) - ECM, TCM, SRS
  • Infinity FX35 (VQ35DE) - ECM
  • Infinity G35 (VQ35DE)- ECM, BCM*, TCM, ABS, SRS

So, unless you've found some other 'Consult 2' software (post a link please) one wonders if it's really worth getting.

Garry Daniels

E50 Owner
Premium Member
The upshot appears to be that budget tools are OK for determining engine fault codes, and this particular software is of limited value except for engine fault codes and airbag setups (possibly resetting). One thing which I am still unclear about - they list a specific module within Consult II for diesel engine codes. Does this mean the budget readers can handle diesel engine fault codes? Anybody know?