Nick in Kent

kleen

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Hi

Nick here in Medway checking in. Sold my Seat Alhambra for £21k and upgraded to a 2005 E51 Highway Star Elgrand for £10k. My kids LOVE the "new" car and so do I. It's in amazing condition, bought from County Cars of Strood and really really pleased with it. So smooth, so much room and so much potential for tinkering, upgrades and mods. Great to find such an active online community in the UK as well. Hopefully I can learn a lot from here and contribute too.

kleen

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Sounds like a great plan Spode. Fancy organising something? Would be great to meet up with some fellow enthusiasts.

Spode

E51 Owner
I can certainly try. 3 factors I see.

1 - Location (suggestions please!)
2 - People (throw your name in!)
3 - Date (the final thing to sort out, probably using doodle.com)

Pottsy

Premium Member
E51 Owner
I know this thread has been quiet for a few months, but I'd love to meet up with all you Kent Elgranders! Happy to travel anywhere in Kent. Somebody had posted Micky's Rock Cafe as a potential venue? What about a Sunday morning? Grab a Bacon Sarnie and a cuppa?

Spode

E51 Owner
I'm not great with mornings - especially on Sunday - but in principle still up for this!

What about this Sunday (24th) about 12?

Pottsy

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Spode...
Just seen this... going to have to work out how I get an email notification from a post.

Sorry, I couldn't have done this Sunday. Daughter's birthday.

I'm happy with later in the day. Will need a bit of notice, just to clear it with the boss lady!

CKapasa

E51 Owner
Hello Guys, I know this is an old post now. Wanted to introduce myself as a Kent member. Did I only count 6 Kent members replying to this post here? Well that now makes 7 including me. @Potssy - How was your trip to France? What was your destination and what route did you take? Thinking of doing something similar but mainly for the kids (Disney)

Last edited:

Steve57

E50 Owner
Premium Member
I’m in Kent too. Chatham. Only got Thunderbird 2 on 5th December, didn’t even know this forum existed till the 6th. There’s a white E50 just a few doors up from me. He’s Got an E50 owners club sticker on it! Didn’t know there was such a club. Not seen it move for a while.

CKapasa

E51 Owner
Hello @Steve57 nice to know there's more members from Medway. Although I'm the newer member still welcome to the club. I've only seen one other Elgrand in Medway. I was driving my wife's crappy Megan II coupe when I saw an E51 (S1 HWS) in Cream White. Said hello to the friendly owner while he was filling up on Morrisons regular 95. Said his E51 was happy with it. Also showed me his newly installed tow bar. Looked like a brilliant job. Keen to meet up with other owners and see what they are doing to their NEs. I'm sure there's loads to share and learn. Maybe a meet-up is in order. :)

Last edited:

Madfish

Administrator
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
Welcome guys to the club :)

Feel free to arrange a mini meet on here for Kent owners although I'd suggest starting up a new thread as newbie threads don't get much attention once the initial greetings have been said :)