newly powder coated wheels

Karl

Founder
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
Really nice ,wonder what they would look like on a grey car ,roughly what does it cost nowadays to get wheels powder coated
Depends on wheel size. I think I paid £50 per wheel for 18's for the refurb. Then I paid extra on top for the candy colour. If memory serves me right, cost me £240 all in for 18" wheels. That was in Hartlepool. Obviously the price will also vary depending on where you are in the country. Mine were also done 3-4 years ago, so will have gone up since then.

neil12000

E50 Owner
Premium Member
mine was 55 a wheel but 10 quid was for candy red paint .was baked 3 times as well .so 45 for a 1 day turnaround wheels on vehicle. drop off 3 day wheels off vehicle is much less .city wheel-refurbishment birmingham near city centre 0121 448 7646
great job in 1 day they know there stuff too
ps don’t think size is a cost issue with them they were doing alsorts when i was there and the price was the same

Karl

Founder
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
I was really lucky with my spoiler. After I bought my new E50 (whilst it was on the boat from Japan), I was sent a link to one on ebay for peanuts.

It was a bit battered and bruised like, but the scuffs are on the top (probably from where it had been stored) and you can't see them now it's on.

I feel your pain of looking though @neil12000 - I wanted one for my old one but never had the money when they did eventually pop up.

If you buy the one from @malcolmyz85 and you can't afford to get it painted, just go black with some rattle cans, will still look spot on :)

neil12000

E50 Owner
Premium Member
are they easy to fit and can the rear mirror be removed at the same time as i have a reversing camera i fitted so never use that mirror

Karl

Founder
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
Yes, the spoilers are easy to fit.

When they are fitted in the factory, I believe there is a hole drilled in the roof in which a locating lug from the spoiler sits in. Obviously I didn't have this on mine because it didn't come with a spoiler. Rather than drilling holes aimlessly, I cut the lug off, and located it manually.
I then fixed it in place with some tiger seal (or equivalent). @Madfish actually did all the work for me, I'm just taking credit for it :joy:

It does help if you have a second pair of hands when it comes to fitting. Once it's on, just make sure it looks central and not wonky. Hold it in place for a bit, then put something heavy on the top of the spoiler to hold it down whilst you enjoy a cuppa. Leave it for an hour or so at least before taking it off, then leave it 24 hours to set properly :)