Madfish

Administrator
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
Nice Highway star!

I want your rear lights :)

Are you doing anything with the bodywork or leaving her as is?

Steve57

E50 Owner
Premium Member
Nice Highway star!

I want your rear lights :)

Are you doing anything with the bodywork or leaving her as is?
Thanks for the compliment.
Re the rear lights, they are nice, struck lucky with those being fitted.
I intend to get the bumpers repaired (scuffed on all four corners and front cracked center right)
The dents on the nearside rear, i’lI remove the interior trim and see if I can them out. Can’t look any worse. Also got to try and fix the fuel gauge as it reads a quarter tank short. (Ran out of fuel when it read quarter full, brimmed the tank and it reads three quarters full).

Alan Morgan

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Welcome to the forum.
.........The dents on the nearside rear, i’lI remove the interior trim and see if I can them out. Can’t look any worse..........
Tons of Youtube videos to help you along with the dent removal

RobP

Here for life
E50 Owner
Premium Member
Didn’t know the nearside was easier, good to know. Need to get a dd head unit sorted as well. Miss my Joe Satriani CDs.
And no you can’t have the rear lights, they are MINE.
Check out the 'how to' section for replacing the rear speakers, great guide for removing all the trim and seats to make it easier.
Nice looking Ellie with great potential to look awesome once you get stuck into it :)

Harvo

Here for life
E50 Owner
Premium Member
Looks good.
If you're going to attempt the rear panel dent give it a good warm up with a hairdryer to stop the paint cracking and ease the metal.
Also, the fuel gauge should be an easy fix by repositioning the needle. Sounds like the sender is working. It's likely someone has had the dash apart and put the needle back on in the wrong position.

MrRob_in

Part of the furniture (please de-cat your e51/2)
Premium Member
E51 Expert
E51 Owner
Also, the fuel gauge should be an easy fix by repositioning the needle. Sounds like the sender is working. It's likely someone has had the dash apart and put the needle back on in the wrong position.
Just what I was going to type :)

JohnE

E50 Owner
Premium Member
The dash clocks have been changed as those are facelift Rider clocks makes me wonder if miles are accurate but defo had clocks changed HWS are blue

malcolmyz85

Here for life
E50 Owner
Premium Member
Welcome to the club ,another e50 same colour as mine what engine does yours have ,I was after same grill as yours till I just stuck chrome extra strips on mine

Steve57

E50 Owner
Premium Member
Hi Malcolm, thanks for the welcome. Its got the 3.5 v6 fitted. Almost as quick as my 3ltr v6 Jag S type. My brother has a V8 S type and that thing flies. The colour is growing on me. Not as common as the white (sorry guys).