My E50 on eBay

J.Low75

E50 Owner
With great reluctantly, due to a sudden change in priorities & spare time, my E50 which I brought for a camper conversion has to go. I looked for a long time for a low mileage / excellent condition E50 to convert, but I have now abandoned the project, not before I'd spent a lot of time & money on it. (The stuff I brought ready to start converting it has already been sold separately)

I thought I'd advertise it on eBay auction style first, see how it did, if it doesn't meet the reserve, I will advertise it on here & eBay for a fixed price until sold.

Link to eBay and:

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-Elg...-Original-Condition-Low-Mileage-/292348548895

Link to photo gallery:

https://m.imgur.com/a/e9klP

Any questions ask away

J.Low75

E50 Owner
I've actually made a few mistakes in n the listing & missed a few things off too so decided to take it down, edit it & relist with a 18:45pm start time tomorrow.

I really hate that with eBay - as soon as someone bids on it you can't edit a thing :mad:

J.Low75

E50 Owner
Hi, thanks.

It's just a bog-standard reverse camera kit.

It doesn't fit in the dash recess - this was a complete custom fit. I.e. I totally stripped the existing unit down, got all the gubbings & screen out, made a custom bracket plate for the new screen from aluminium sheet and fitted it into the existing pop up mechanism. I then had to re-wire it to enable it to pop up and down manually using a switch I fitted in the dash - so you can either have it up or down when driving.

I'm a 22 year time served electronic/electrical & electro-mechanical technian

It's certainly not something a DIY'er could do. Took me ages :-( now I'm selling it lol

malcolmyz85

Here for life
E50 Owner
Premium Member
Hi, thanks.

It doesn't fit in the dash recess - this was a complete custom fit. I.e. I totally stripped the existing unit down, got all the gubbings & screen out, made a custom bracket plate for the new screen from aluminium sheet and fitted it into the existing pop up mechanism. I then had to re-wire it to enable it to pop up and down manually using a switch I fitted in the dash - so you can either have it up or down when driving.

It's certainly not something a DIY'er could do. Took me ages :-( now I'm selling it lol
defo a nice add on ,I would love something similar on my e50

Dave.G.L.

E50 Owner
Premium Member
Hi, thanks.

Looks very good indeed, an excellent job

J.Low75

E50 Owner
I couldn't figure out the wiring to make it pop up & down automatically as it does normally with the original system removed, so I had to use a manual up/down switch which I have put neatly into the dash, not as good but at least you don't have to have screen up all the time