E51 Multimedia box

Phil

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
There's an app for android to enlarge icons etc - I used it on the easymanuals tv box. I'll have a look & post back if it will help anybody out.

Phil

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
There's an app for android to enlarge icons etc - I used it on the easymanuals tv box. I'll have a look & post back if it will help anybody out.
It's called Large Launcher. Just google it on your android device & if it's what you want download free from google store.

blingo

Premium Member
E51 Owner
I fitted a sumvision one to mine (connected to the pumpkin AV in), wasn't the 4, think it was the 2+ so doesn't have miracast.

No problems with it all and hardwired to a 5V converter is about as discreet as you can get. Mine is stuck with double sided tape to the top of the little cubby hole below the steering wheel, where my toll card reader used to be.

Not sure if the 4 version is quite that small though and the port locations might be an issue - seem to remember that is why I choose the version I did, power jack on the back and the card slot on the front. Of course it doesn't do miracast, so if that's what you are after it's not an option anyhow :D

MrChops

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
It's pretty small Simon but has the SD & USB slots on the side :( Miracast will be good for me when streaming Eric The Car Guy & MCM videos when I'm parked up at MaccyDs (instead of eating up my hotspot allowance), but the youngest won't be able to stream from her iPhone. Maybe that's a blessing though!

Bit of an update on what I did with it here.

Ive just bought the cyclone 2+. it comes with a plug but as no usb connection for the lighter. any ideas what power lead I need for this as im stuck. regards Dave

View attachment 658 Hi Guys,

Here is the final verdict about the above experiment.

The SumVision box is Awsome and is working as expected. Here is step by step guide of what I did.

1) Item comes with RCA cables which connect to RCA sockets

2) You will need a car phone charger from Morrisions (or eaby cheaper) 5v 2amp (or 2.1 amp like I bought from Morrisions)

3) Connect the USB power cable which came with the item to the usb car charger and connect the charger to the rear 12v socket)

All done enjoy!

There is no need to cut any wires or buy any additional cables.

Here are pics:

Motorheaded

motorheaded
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Ive just bought the cyclone 2+. it comes with a plug but as no usb connection for the lighter. any ideas what power lead I need for this as im stuck. regards Dave
I'm guessing a usb to 5.5mm 2000ma lead, but if you search on eBay, I'm sure you will find one to suit .
I did for my m8s.

View attachment 658 Hi Guys,

Here is the final verdict about the above experiment.

The SumVision box is Awsome and is working as expected. Here is step by step guide of what I did.

1) Item comes with RCA cables which connect to RCA sockets

2) You will need a car phone charger from Morrisions (or eaby cheaper) 5v 2amp (or 2.1 amp like I bought from Morrisions)

3) Connect the USB power cable which came with the item to the usb car charger and connect the charger to the rear 12v socket)

All done enjoy!

There is no need to cut any wires or buy any additional cables.

Here are pics:
I'm guessing a usb to 5.5mm 2000ma lead, but if you search on eBay, I'm sure you will find one to suit .
I did for my m8s.
Thankyou. just ordered one.

neilloop

E50 Owner
Premium Member
E51 Owner
@Kash. So you installed a cyclone 4 first but then later changed to a M8s.
Which one do you think works best?
Have you a link to m8s please

Thanks
Neil

Kash

E51 Owner
Hi @neilloop ,

Both works the same for movies and stuff, I bought M8S which I am now mostly using in my house becasue which was the sole purpose. I wanted a box with KODI so I can use in both my car and at home. If you just want to use in the car Cyclone 4 is perfect, it has miracast and it is small in size too, no troubles whatsoever, 5 mins to install, no extra adaptor/wiring required. Let me know if you need any more help. For the link, just type M8S in Ebay and you will see loads, here is the link too

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2017-4K-M...584155?hash=item3ae09e74db:g:WL8AAOSw7U5Y9sZs

Regards,

KASH

spuddyo

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Do these boxes Miracast directly from an Ipad/Iphone etc directly to the media player, or do you need to go via a router to get there? ie do you have to install a wifi router too ?

Archie

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Guys any advice I'm conecting a mx3 android media box. So I plug the red white yellows in and power it switch the screens to vtr and nothing
Any advice am I missing something