E51 Multimedia box

Kash

E51 Owner
Hi Guys,

I am looking to install a multimedia box instead of installing double din.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mini-1080P-HD-TV-Media-Player-Smart-TV-BOX-HDMI-AV-for-USB-SD-SDHC-Card-Streamer-/181934471081?hash=item2a5c23b7a9:g:EC0AAOSwiwVWSqhl

Found this on ebay and I think it will work just be connecting the RCA leads to the input of the car and power to the 100v socket. It will play videos and I can connect USB to this too for music.

Please correct me if I am wrong, it is resonably priced and a perfect solution, sounds too good to be true though looking at the efforts GURUS here have put into.

Also found this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Xtreamer-...164de8&pid=100009&rk=2&rkt=10&sd=191806300554

It will play videos, games and has got built in Micracast too.

What do you say ?

Kash

E51 Owner
that is not an issue, i am just concerned if i have to touch wiring and if it is really an out of box solution for rear screen as i am expecting.

Kash

Hi Guys,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mini-1080P-HD-TV-Media-Player-Smart-TV-BOX-HDMI-AV-for-USB-SD-SDHC-Card-Streamer-/181934471081?hash=item2a5c23b7a9:g:EC0AAOSwiwVWSqhl

Found this on ebay and I think it will work just be connecting the RCA leads to the input of the car and power to the 100v socket. It will play videos and I can connect USB to this too for music.

Please correct me if I am wrong, it is resonably priced and a perfect solution, sounds too good to be true though looking at the efforts GURUS here have put into.

Also found this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Xtreamer-Prodigy-4K-Media-Streamer/331779084964?_trksid=p2047675.c100009.m1982&_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIC.MBE&ao=1&asc=20140328180637&meid=fbaadfe747b2428ebada9ae6b4164de8&pid=100009&rk=2&rkt=10&sd=191806300554

What do you say ?
Hi Kash, just wondering if you bought one of the media box's you mentioned. Did it work?

Kash

E51 Owner
5v 2.1amp cigratte lighter socket from Morrisons (buy from ebay its cheaper) for £6. connect to the rear 12v socket.

Whaley

E51 Owner
@Kash so this is a streaming service which he works without a wifi network then? I have a variety of devices in the house, Amazon prime stick, chrome cast, and Apple TV but none work without the wifi, so no good when out and about! If this will genuinely pair to phone and stream then may be the answer!

Kash

E51 Owner
Hi @Whaley,

It is a streamer but only for local network via RJ 45 cable. If you want live streaming through internet then MIRACAST facility in this box is an answer. By saying streamer it means local network not internet. Hope it clearifies the confusion. Just so you know this box has its on AP (Access Point)

Kash

Kash

E51 Owner
View attachment 658 Hi Guys,

Here is the final verdict about the above experiment.

The SumVision box is Awsome and is working as expected. Here is step by step guide of what I did.

1) Item comes with RCA cables which connect to RCA sockets

2) You will need a car phone charger from Morrisions (or eaby cheaper) 5v 2amp (or 2.1 amp like I bought from Morrisions)

3) Connect the USB power cable which came with the item to the usb car charger and connect the charger to the rear 12v socket)

All done enjoy!

There is no need to cut any wires or buy any additional cables.

Here are pics:

Just wondering what's your resolution like on the rear screen with the box connected, just fitted one myself but quality is rubbish on rear screen can barely read writing but front screen all ok.

Kash

E51 Owner
Hi @chris7star,

Please try and watch a movie on the rear screen it will be ok. I agree that the font looks bad but when you start a movie it is good.

Kash

ibebbs

E51 Owner
Hi Kash, I bought a Miracast unit for my van so I can use a phone / tablet for navigation and music but found that it displayed black bars on either side of the output image (i.e. looks like displaying a 4:3 image on a 16:9 TV).

Does this unit use the full display when streaming video / mircast?

ibebbs

E51 Owner
FYI, relating to my post above, the black bars on either side were due to the TV mode being used by the Elgrand. This can be changed by using the on-screen menu's (the option next to VTR when the TV button is pushed) or via the remove control.

I now have an external input using the full screen area.

KK888

E51 Owner
Hi Guys,

Also found this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Xtreamer-Prodigy-4K-Media-Streamer/331779084964?_trksid=p2047675.c100009.m1982&_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIC.MBE&ao=1&asc=20140328180637&meid=fbaadfe747b2428ebada9ae6b4164de8&pid=100009&rk=2&rkt=10&sd=191806300554

What do you say ?

Hi Kash

I would like something to mirror my iPhone to screens and do the multimedia thing. Is what you got the thing I need? If so, what is the brand and device name? Coz I couldn't click on your original link.

Thanks
Kai

MrChops

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Thanks @Kash for recommending the Micro 4 it sounded like just what I was looking for, and for not a lot of cash either. Just bought one.
SD/HDD/Android streaming covers my needs and I'll be connecting it to the Pumpkin's AV IN. I'll start thinking about where I can mount it up front so it's still accessible for plugging cards in etc. yet not too noticeable.

Motorheaded

motorheaded
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Got my m8s hooked up,using an hdmi to ntsc converter.
Only problem is the poor resolution of the front screen. Even with text set to huge, file names are barely legible.
This is even more of a problem when adjusting settings.