MR.G's Highway Star

Mr G

MR G
Staff member
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Did my annual service this weekend inc the spark plugs as I'm nearly at 75000miles.
Thursday evening was prep.
  • Remove air intake pipe
  • undo all coil pack bolts
  • Remove bumper for another reason
Friday I bought the right socket for the plugs and headed home to tackle cylinders 5 & 6 (the hard ones) before the pub.
  • Attempted cylinder 5
  • Did 1,2,3,4, and 6
  • went to pub
IMAG0040.jpg
Saturday, Puked up a bit and then went out side.
  • Managed to do cylinder 5, hardest part was trying to link up the extension bars and jointy bits.
  • oil and filters
  • pressure washed and TFR the front end of the underside and arches
  • Removed the front spliter as it needs a bit of TLC
IMAG0035.jpg IMAG0041.jpg IMAG0038.jpg IMAG0036.jpg

Splitter will probably be going dark, I may wrap it carbon fibre or go satin black like the rest of the van.

Phil

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Did my annual service this weekend inc the spark plugs as I'm nearly at 75000miles.
Thursday evening was prep.
  • Remove air intake pipe
  • undo all coil pack bolts
  • Remove bumper for another reason
Friday I bought the right socket for the plugs and headed home to tackle cylinders 5 & 6 (the hard ones) before the pub.
  • Attempted cylinder 5
  • Did 1,2,3,4, and 6
  • went to pub
View attachment 3833
  • Managed to do cylinder 5, hardest part was trying to link up the extension bars and jointy bits.
  • oil and filters
  • pressure washed and TFR the front end of the underside and arches
  • Removed the front spliter as it needs a bit of TLC
View attachment 3834 View attachment 3835 View attachment 3836 View attachment 3837

Splitter will probably be going dark, I may wrap it carbon fibre or go satin black like the rest of the van.
Good lad ;):joy:

Alan Morgan

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
I know that changing spark plugs is difficult - didn't know it was that bad............o_O

Fortunately with only 30k miles on the clock, I've a while to go at 8k miles p.a. :) Cynics might say the car will have died from UK rust by then - I hope not of course:blush:

Mr G

MR G
Staff member
Premium Member
E51 Owner
I know that changing spark plugs is difficult - didn't know it was that bad............o_O

Fortunately with only 30k miles on the clock, I've a while to go at 8k miles p.a. :) Cynics might say the car will have died from UK rust by then - I hope not of course:blush:
Second week in a row, turns out I cant drink anymore, well basically if work colleagues are involved then the next day is a write off.

Mr G

MR G
Staff member
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Started to patch up the splitter. I have done a bit more since this pic and built it up more. its not really strong and I've ordered some carbon fibre vinyl to wrap it, I may like it I may not.
IMAG0042.jpg

There was also 4 boxes in the garden when I got home. after opening and inspecting I offered up one of the contents to the van for a little teaser.
IMAG0047.jpg
I'll try and get the tyres fitted in my lunch break and the see if they fit.

Mr G

MR G
Staff member
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Fitted the OS wheels just now while the wife was at the gym. IMAG0054.jpg

Seems my calculations were OK.
IMAG0052.jpg

The side door opens under its own steam but there is rubbing so I will fit the spacers that I made when I get a chance.
Not taken it for a spin yet but the rear arches my need to be rolled a smidge.
IMAG0051.jpg

Now my nuts are on show they may need replacing for something more appealing.

some new carbon fibre wrap arrived for the splitter today and it looks pretty good so will sort that out when the splitter is rubbed down and finished.