E51 Miracast Cyclone sounds terrible :(

Egzy

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Hi All
Got my cyclone 4 working, chuffed, but it sounds awful, could it just be the quality of the lead? I was using an RCA cable direct to my phone which was OK, not as loud as the CD but did the job, this keeps breaking up, but it's not buffering any suggestions appreciated :blush:

Also, I thought the front screen went off once the engine started/in drive? Mine's on constantly, not that I'm bothered as it's just spotify, but just wondered.

TIA :)

E50ZRider

Premium Member
E51 Owner
If screen is on I would imagine there is a switch somewhere

basically if its earthed then its on...hooked to handbrake in theory but can be bypassed, and if done in JP usually another switch somewhere on dash

Dimbers

Hi All
Got my cyclone 4 working, chuffed, but it sounds awful, could it just be the quality of the lead? I was using an RCA cable direct to my phone which was OK, not as loud as the CD but did the job, this keeps breaking up, but it's not buffering any suggestions appreciated :blush:

Also, I thought the front screen went off once the engine started/in drive? Mine's on constantly, not that I'm bothered as it's just spotify, but just wondered.

TIA :)
I fitted the same just yesterday and when im using the cast feature the sound does break up as well. I found that when i cast to an amazon firestick it was exactly the same. I have a Samsung Galaxy S8 and have a feeling that its the smart view feature of the phone thats the problem.

Egzy

Premium Member
E51 Owner
I fitted the same just yesterday and when im using the cast feature the sound does break up as well. I found that when i cast to an amazon firestick it was exactly the same. I have a Samsung Galaxy S8 and have a feeling that its the smart view feature of the phone thats the problem.
Thanks Dimbers, I have the S7 so makes sense, heyho

Egzy

Premium Member
E51 Owner
If screen is on I would imagine there is a switch somewhere

basically if its earthed then its on...hooked to handbrake in theory but can be bypassed, and if done in JP usually another switch somewhere on dash
Thank you, I shall take a look

Simonjsd58

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Hi.im having problems getting anything on my mirrorcast . First of all I got a very faint fuzzy picture half way down the screen now if got nothing . It's plugged into the red white and black plugs next to the middle left seat ,and into a 12v supply but can't get a thing on any screen . Any help would be appreciated if not it's going in the bin . Ps .I do have a double din unit fitted which was in when I bought the vehicle . Is there any where on the forum were somebody has put an idiot's guide to installing these things . I plugged it into a tv in the house and changed it from pal , an it looked fine but now zilch.? πŸ€”πŸ˜–πŸ‘

Egzy

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Hi.im having problems getting anything on my mirrorcast . First of all I got a very faint fuzzy picture half way down the screen now if got nothing . It's plugged into the red white and black plugs next to the middle left seat ,and into a 12v supply but can't get a thing on any screen . Any help would be appreciated if not it's going in the bin . Ps .I do have a double din unit fitted which was in when I bought the vehicle . Is there any where on the forum were somebody has put an idiot's guide to installing these things . I plugged it into a tv in the house and changed it from pal , an it looked fine but now zilch.? πŸ€”πŸ˜–πŸ‘
Beyond me I'm afraid, do you not need the yellow for picture, red and white for audio only, not sure about the black one, but I'm 99% sure you need the yellow?? What are you mirroring, your phone? Mine worked more by luck than judgement :joy: but as above the quality was cr@p, I only wanted audio so gave up and got a gold contact RCA to jack, plugged straight into my phone, works a treat. Sorry I couldn't be more useful :)

Simonjsd58

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Cheers. Yeh trying to mirror my phone , can get it working on tv in house now and then but nothing on screens in vehicle. Just hoping some body has done a full A 2 Z , of how to get them working as it seems some people just plug them straight In and they work and others have problems . I did have it working even though the picture was terrible and half way down the screen , but now can't get a thing . Looks like it the bin for it . πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘

Chris T

Here for life
Premium Member
Cheers. Yeh trying to mirror my phone , can get it working on tv in house now and then but nothing on screens in vehicle. Just hoping some body has done a full A 2 Z , of how to get them working as it seems some people just plug them straight In and they work and others have problems . I did have it working even though the picture was terrible and half way down the screen , but now can't get a thing . Looks like it the bin for it . πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘
Does anything else play plugged in to the RCA sockets? Does cyclone still work on TV in house?

Simonjsd58

Premium Member
E51 Owner
No , there was a yellow lead plugged in when I got the van. So I unplugged that and followed the youtube video , I even downloaded several mirroring apps as I've got a galaxy 8+ and the mirroring feature on the phone does not seem to work .

Simonjsd58

Premium Member
E51 Owner
It can be plugged back in but that would mean leaving the yellow lead of the box leads. I will private message you my number if you fancy giving me advice over the phone .

Chris T

Here for life
Premium Member
It can be plugged back in but that would mean leaving the yellow lead of the box leads. I will private message you my number if you fancy giving me advice over the phone .
I've got to be honest man I am completely doing this blind, I'm just trying to think of it logically, I've not got around to fitting the RCA lead to my car yet.

At the moment are you getting any sound if you play something on cyclone (or are you unable to try that because of no picture)

Do you know what the yellow lead you unplugged was or where it goes to? Have you got the footbrake on?

Simonjsd58

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Not quite sure , turned tv remote to vcr again used my Samsung mirroring app again and there it was my phone on the screen . Not exactly brilliant picture and phone on screen looks like it's almost actual size instead of covering all of the screen but this may be how it's ment to be but will fiddle about with settings and see .