• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Wales Meet in Wales???

T

tonyelgrand

As I'm following a post on Elgrand OC on face book and it seems there are a few Welsh members on there, can we arrange a meet even if a mini meeting. I'm sure if it was arranged in a suitable place Christmas shopping for partners would be a bonus. I'll also ask on the face book page.
As Karl has included a separate Welsh area we should do something.
I was surprised to see no posts whatsoever in this section, or should I say our section.

Come on guys, let's see how many Welsh owners we can get together for this :)

@tonyelgrand thank you for this. It's great to see new members coming aboard and driving meets to happen in the local area.

Don't be disheartened if only two or three people turn up. We are fairly few and far between, but small meets grow over time, so don't be afraid to get something together.

Seeing as you can now tag people on the forum, I would look on the member map and tag the usernames so they get a notification to read the post.

Hi Tony

Great post. I'd be interested in attending as I'm not too far away down the M4. I spend a fair bit of time in Wales - I'm half Welsh (my Dad was from the North) - so I'm up there a fair bit for family reasons. We also spend a lot of time in Pembrokeshire - hence why we bought the Elgrand in the first place to convert to a campervan.

Thanks for taking the time.

Cheers

Jon

We also have a base in Machynlleth in mid Wales so could get to a meet if not too far away. No conversion yet so it would have to be a day trip for us from Mach.

Great, there's three people for a kick off. It only takes one person to suggest it.

"Build it and they will come"

All you need to do now is set a date, time and place :party:

Cheers Karl. I think it would be better to wait on deciding a date and place as it would be better to try to accommodate everyone who may be interested. I'll keep checking in here to see how it is progressing. As for time, I personally don't get much of that spare, so I would incorporate a bit of Christmas shopping. A couple of hours either AM or PM would allow me, and of course, anyone else, the same opportunity during the day. Any suggestions welcomed at this point though.

Like I said on Facebook I'd be up for a meet once the Elgrand is finished. As to a ruff idea as to when I'd guess at late October to early November, if it's not done by then I may come in my primera.

I'm not due to get my E51 until 20th November - that's the current completion date I have from the converters - so any time after that would be good for me.

I'll try and pop my head in for this, I normally do 2 weekends of on-call followed by 2 weekends off so as long as its local(ish) or on my free weekends i'll do my best to make an effort, and maybe bring the kids as well.

I know there's a couple of members around south wales area, @Kisbeep and @tiger997 are close to me, @JonRWB mentioned about coming from along the M4 so we could have somewhere along that catchment area, or meet at shopping centre, drop the OH's off if they want a bit of shopping and have a little meet somewhere

Llanelli / Swansea / Bridgend may be ideas

lots of shops in Swansea but not many places to park or meet up close by
Bridgend (McArthur Glen shopping centre)
Llanelli - Trostre shopping centre, there is Sandy water park about 5 mins drive away from here, car park (P+D) and pub with a large pond to walk round and walks to the beachfront

Llanelli sounds a good choice to me. Straight off M4 basically for those in South Wales area.

Who is going to move this meet on. Need to decide on a time and place now as getting late in the year. Decide on a time and place and we can put a post on the group page as not all owners will be on here.

I'll keep an eye on this thread. I've got friends who live in Bridgend, so could drive over and stay with them for the wkend and get to the meet.
Might not be able to make it before Xmas due to work demand but will certainly try to get over if you do another after Xmas. Be good to meet up with a new set of Elgranders :hi:

You'd be more than welcome Rob. The more the merrier. Where are you from?

Cheers @tonyelgrand . I live in York, hence I'd try and make a weekend of it. Takes around 4 hrs to Bridgend on a good run. Usually head over that way a couple of times a year, so can hopefully fix the two together!

Drumming up interest in meets is hard work at the moment. Not sure whether members are just not bothered, can't be arsed or just waiting for someone else to make the decisions.

@tonyelgrand if I were you, I'd just set a date and a place and see who's interested.

i agree just set a date and see who turns up, as i live very close i would like to meet fellow Elgrand guys as i could do with having a chat about several things i'd like to do to my "Ellie":

Would love a get together , based CWMBRAN south Wales near Newport be watching thread for more info

Hi im in Port Talbot- up for wherever in South Wales area chaps

any news on a meet in south wales as this threads over a year old now, quiet fancy a meet at mc arthur glen.

Back