Kiwi . new elgrand owner....

Avwe50NZ

E50 Owner
Hi all . Hope its ok for a kiwi to be on the forum....:) we dont have a lot of these vans here . So not much chance of any owners clubs starting up any time soon.
Anyway my reason for buying the van. We needed somewhere to sleep for our weekends away . And my wife was not keen on a roof tent on top of our nissan safari. So i started looking at vans. What it had to have. Be diesel , be safe (airbags) 4wd and in our budget $6000nzd. The only other van available here that came close to the elgrand was the toyota granvia with the 1kz and fulltime 4wd. I had a prado with the 1kz and had no end of troubles. And the elgrand having a similar motor to our safari...it was the only choice. You also pay nearly double for a toyota with the same milage.
So we are now happy elgrand owners. Very impressed so far. We have nearly compleated our camper conversion....done on the cheap but still very comfortable..

Avwe50NZ

E50 Owner
Hi .yeah just like beinig in the boat. ;)....actually we dont get a lot of action north of auckland. But im sure when we head south the elgrand will be fine.. I think its underated offroad ive found it very capable..its a true 4x4