Ken Style E51 V70th. Cant help but modify...... ;-)

chris wills

Premium Member
E51 Owner
fitted my K sport calipers and discs today, they are seriously good brakes! would put you through the windscreen if stamped on.

Had to fit 15mm spacers to give the wheel some clearance from the caliper, have got to give it a bit more camber to allow the wheels to sit in the arch, going to go a bit "VIP" japan look.

Next job is to sort out the sound system.

Kiwi

E50 Owner
Premium Member
Chris,hope your feeling a lot better now. I know it's hard sometime when your not well & your've got things to do. But take it easy bro.
Did you mention awhile back that you purchased some seat covers.
If so would mind taking & posting some pics please. Like to get some but as you mentioned they're pricy. Just want to see how well they fit.
Thank, all the best of good health

chris wills

Premium Member
E51 Owner
i did purchase seat covers, im going to get some more in a month or so too, i have found some i prefer and im going to fit those instead, they are a really good fit, but very hard to do. took me a while.

Have been and bought line driver, amps, subs, mids, tweeters, cables, sound deadening, closed cell foam and more. going to be a busy jan.

Hoping to get Sergey to import me a nice E51 x model that came up for auction but didnt sell.

chris wills

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Havent updated this for a while, fitted some new tyres to the front but they were a bit too big and reverted back to my original tyres, after checking my bc coilovers i found that they have 7kgmm rated springs, these are no good for the E51, suggested 10kg for a lowered civic! so went out and bought some new springs rated at 11kg mm. hope this will help with a few handling issues i had,

Not really got round to doing much else, a bit of maintenance and a new top strut mount as one failed, have had to get a bottom balljoint for the front and will get that fitted soon.

After selling my Delica i wasnt sure what to buy so i went shoppin on Noppin and got a few more bits for mine, Bahn Brechen carbon engine cover, a brand new E51 leather steering wheel, a funky brake light sticker, some new wheels, hoping to get some nice A pillars to fit new speakers, plus a few more little bits.

then got bored and started looking at the Car auctions again, ended up buying this!

Unsure on plans yet but i might make something out of the two, possibly break this new one. will have to wait and see.

Its not looking like i will get my sound system in until the end of the month now.

Have been chatting to a mate and he is going to fabricate some mounts to fit air suspension, i can get the whole setup for under 1k, that will be fitted in march i hope.

Last edited by a moderator:

MrRob_in

Part of the furniture (please de-cat your e51/2)
Staff member
Premium Member
E51 Expert
E51 Owner
He / you should make kits for air suspension if it turns out ok. Hope it rides better than most of the cheaper American air suspension that seems to be based on light truck airbags that don't have enough weight on them to 'spring' when installed on cars. I'll definitely be interested to see/hear how it goes.

chris wills

Premium Member
E51 Owner
The new shape Patrol one looks very similar but im yet to find one to try, they are not cheap anyway. just waited and waited and one eventually came up on noppin.

MrRob_in

Staff member
Premium Member
E51 Expert
E51 Owner
@chris wills have you got a link / advice re the bolt on spacers you bought?
I need to move my ET47 fuga wheels out a little as my new bigger tyres are catching at full lock. 15mm would bring them out to 2mm less than my 350z wheels so could work well, Or are there any hub centric spacers that can give just 2/3mm at the other extreme that might work with standard studs or will I (as I expect) need longer studs for them?

MrRob_in

Staff member
Premium Member
E51 Expert
E51 Owner
The ones i bought were Direnza ones, i had the last set on ebay, they are forged ones not the cheap chinese ones, i cant imagine any 2-3mm spacers being hubcentric but i could be wrong. cant say i have seen any but i havent really looked for them.

The only link i have is for the ones i bought, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161264332536?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
Cool you know as much as me then. https://www.performancealloys.com/wheel-spacer-results.aspx?ChassisID=34638 Have plenty of options, hubcentric from 5mm with long studs or bolt on from 15mm.
Will get rear suspension & full alignment and see if it's still rubbing I think.

chris wills

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Neil i am going to keep that bonnet aero and put it on mine, i feel i need to keep up with the Trowbridge massive.

Have decided that i am going to strip the new one of all its nice bits including the full air suspension setup, put all the nice bits onto my kenstyle and then sell the new one on.

The new one has leather trim, the full air suspension setup, series 2 front lights, plus lots of little bits, will swap over the bits from mine onto it.

Have fitted a 6.5 inch sub, 4 inch mid and a tweeter into the drivers side door, a phoenix gold amp which sits under the passenger seat, not got as far as the passenger side door yet.

Went to fit the new coilover springs yesterday but i bought the wrong ones, i need a 2.5 internal diameter but i bought a 2.25 internal. will send these back and get the right ones.

Im almost at the end of where i want my elgrand to be, im hoping that in May i wont have anything major left to do to it.

chris wills

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Finally found somewhere to get the chrome removed from my wheels as a realistic price, infact a bloody good price, so i need to buy a set of wheels to tide me over for a few weeks.

Hoping this weekend to trial fit one of the 12 inch subs under the back seat and to find out what my annoying knock is on the rear.

I didnt get my new coil springs in time to fit them this weekend, may also try and get the passeneger door card made up with the sub and mid etc.

Wightr

Proud Father of an Autistic Genius
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Hey Chris, which auction site are you buying from?

Slippery slope I suspect, but looking to start modding now I am hooked.

user

E51 Owner
Finally found somewhere to get the chrome removed from my wheels as a realistic price, infact a bloody good price, so i need to buy a set of wheels to tide me over for a few weeks.

Hoping this weekend to trial fit one of the 12 inch subs under the back seat and to find out what my annoying knock is on the rear.

I didnt get my new coil springs in time to fit them this weekend, may also try and get the passeneger door card made up with the sub and mid etc.
You can have one of my sets, 19" style Kahn RSC or OEM HWS - Collection only