Karl's E50 Caravan V "Project Marmite"

E50ZRider

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Looks great in the flesh so to speak

love the wheels

looks like you were a tad low at front to start with as sticker damage occurred?

Karl

Founder
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
The stickers were damaged before I lowered it lol. I've got plenty of spares to "touch up" where I need to. And thank you, I quite like her :thumbup:

Karl

Founder
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
I now have Vibe Blackair 6 Component speakers in the rear too. Decent sound all round now :thumbup:

Karl

Founder
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
Finally, after a LONG time, got the windows tinted by Total Tinting. Best price I have ever been quoted for window tints on the Elgrand (£130). Took them about an hour to do it (and they were taking their time apparently). Top quality work, top quality finish, and a great pair of guys!

Karl

Founder
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
Well, I have always been a little disappointed with my Vibe Sub. Not that it didn't perform well, but it didn't perform how I wanted it to (ear bleeding bass)... so I have been out and purchased:

2x Alpine SWR-12D2 - 12" Dual 2 Ohm Voice Coil 1000w RMS sub woofers
1x JL JX1000/1 - 1000w monoblock amplifier @ 2ohm (powering 500w RMS to each sub). The amp is also a class D (Digital) amp which means it runs very cool and with high efficiency.

This has given me 1000w of tight, controlled, window smashing bass.

Here are the speakers, the amp and the box I bought to house them in. There will be a custom box built at some point, but for now, this will have to do.

Wired up the subs in series to drop each down to 1 ohm resistance which then doubles up to 2 ohm to allow the amp to output 1000w @ 2ohm across both speakers. I've also got a dedicated 4 gauge power cable and 4 gauge earth cable connected to the amp to ensure enough power is being delivered.

The amp is mounted to the rear of the box.

Karl

Founder
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
I have also just received my LED rear lights, courtesy of Car Couture. Fitting is pretty straight forward, although I did think I had to remove the door cards to change the outermost light units. The cable sneaks into the body through a grommet, and is incredibly difficult to find in the dark! Luckily, I managed it, and the second side (drivers side) was much easier as there was a little more access.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Just read through this whole thread, nice job @Karl !

I suppose its a marmite thing, but I don't like the stickers/stickerbomb personally. However, those rear lights, that rear Nissan badge & those window tints are amazing!

Those tints especially, do you happen to remember what that tint is called? Its like chrome/green kinda colour? Love that!

Karl

Founder
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
@Daze it looks a lot better in the flesh. A lot of people have said they don't like it in the pictures, but have loved it when they see it in real life.

As for the tint... it's just Limo Black 95% tint. There is already a goldy/silver tint built into the glass. The Limo tint underneath gives it a really nice finish. Looks cracking.