Karl's E50 Caravan V "Project Marmite"

Karl

Founder
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
I think it's a 3" pipe with a twin 3"x3.5" square tail pipe.

I'll check with the guys that fitted it, as didn't check to be totally honest.

Karl

Founder
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
Had the wheels refurbished today. Metallic silver with Candy Red :D

The guys over at RS Alloys in Hartlepool have done a cracking job.

Karl

Founder
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
Going to work on some interior trim, might look at getting some leather seats too. Also need to find a decent way to lower the back end. I like where the front is sitting, I don't think a vehicle like this should sit "on it's arse", I just don't like the arch gap at the back that's big enough to fit a child in!

Karl

Founder
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
I utterly despise the wooden trim panels in the Elgrand. So, today, I changed them :cool:

Karl

Founder
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
Looks better than the epic mess I made on the floor a few hours earlier :laugh:

Karl

Founder
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
Well, not updated for a little while. Finished off the interior sticker bomb and fitted the NISMO pedals.

Gave the engine bay a MUCH needed clean.

Fitted a light up NIssan Badge to the tailgate. It's wired into the number plate lights, so it illuminated whenever the lights are turned on.

The ElgrandOC moulded keyrings also came through this week. Really pleased with them. The guys over at House of Logo's have done a stirling job.

Karl

Founder
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
Today I decided I'd had enough with my tweeters rattling against the windscreen and flapping around after a few hundred meters, so I did the job properly and fit them into the A Pillars.
This has not only stopped the annoyance of loose tweeters, but the sound quality has improved ten fold as the direction of the sound is kept in one place.

Yes, I will tidy up the edges tomorrow, but for now, they are in and looking good :beach:

Karl

Founder
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
Not updated for a little while. Not really done much recently, but I have relocated the sub from behind the passenger seat to the boot. This has made a massive difference to the overall sound of the bass, it's also brought the front components to life a lot more. So for all those of you wanting to add a sub, spend the extra on cables to make it reach the boot, it's worth it in the long run. :thumbup:
Also, it's made the van look a lot less cluttered :)

Karl

Founder
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
She's come a long way in 18 months. Got a few other little bits in the pipelines at the moment ;)

Karl

Founder
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
Managed to get myself a set of BC Racing Coilovers, and whacked them on the van with a lot of help from my good friend Madfish (cheers mate :thumbup: )

Here are the pics :D Had to raise her up a bit at the front from the "out the box height" because the arches were scrubbing badly on the tyres (looked amazing though). Also, the rear has not been dropped down as much as I would like as my exhaust sits above the rear diff. So I am going to get another exhaust made up to allow me another inch or two on the back :boss:

Lynx

Looks good mate, had a fair few lowered cars and it's surprising how much better they look.

Not made my mind up about my own Elgrand yet, getting old I like my comfort and I think that the comfort factor is part of what I love about the Elgrand