Jez (silver) and May (White) - 2003 & 2002 E51 Rider Autech

chunk

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Yesterday I had the chance to do some cosmetic changes to James May, unfortunately I had to turf poor Jez out of the garage into the sh*t weather!
First job was to changed my orange side indicators back to the original Rider Spec, well chuffed with the difference, I have been hunting for these for a while now cheers @stevemen!! :p
I also managed to change the front indicator lamps to the chrome look like I did to Jez and also managed to change the front fogs to a much whiter bulb as shown in my previous pics of Jez.
After all this I then gave May a well deserved bath! lol :p He needed a bl**dy good scrub! lol
I also finally managed to get the passenger and rear windows working by changing the switch panel, again courtesy of @stevemen, my wife is gunna be much happier! lol

View attachment 2774 View attachment 2773 View attachment 2776 View attachment 2775
Are the clear side repeater lens easy to get hold of

Richard Fox

Double Elgrand Obession!
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Found out that I need to add some more coolant/antifreeze to James May. Performed the same freezer test with the coolant and it froze... was below 20 degrees C but I would rather add more antifreeze!

Can anyone tell me how easy it is to change the coolant and where abouts the coolant drain plug is?

TIA

Brendan1969

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Found out that I need to add some more coolant/antifreeze to James May. Performed the same freezer test with the coolant and it froze... was below 20 degrees C but I would rather add more antifreeze!

Can anyone tell me how easy it is to change the coolant and where abouts the coolant drain plug is?

TIA
If your coolant colour looks ok Richard I would just syfon out some and replace with neat and then do another SG test. Obviously you will need to run it up so it all flows through the entire system