Jez (silver) and May (White) - 2003 & 2002 E51 Rider Autech

Richard Fox

Double Elgrand Obession!
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Tracking and balancing today and as I thought the tracking was out by quite a bit! Also I was informed that two of my wheels are slightly buckled when you spin them, bl**dy great! The guys were well impressed with the Elgrand, the guy even took pictures as he wants to add it on their website under the Nissan section! lol
Everything was going good until I left the garage and started the Elgrand.... what pops up on the dashboard, the Engine Management Light!
No idea how this happened as the mechanic only took the wheels off, although he did take the Elgrand round the block!
Gave Brian a call to see if he had any ideas, he said maybe the ABS sensor was knocked by the mechanic! grrrr
By chance in the industrial estate there was a Nissan Main Dealer, I thought it was worth a shot but wasn't feeling very positive. The Nissan guys loved the car and brought out their diagnostics kit. As predicted the guy could not find the Elgrand so tried a NV200 van! After a few buttons pressed all of a sudden the light disappeared, very strange! They then tried to charge me 52 euros for 5 minutes of some Nissan mechanic pressing buttons by chance. Of course I refused to pay 52 euros and ended up having to fork out 25 euros! Least the lights gone but very strange.... I am wanting to purchase an OBD diagnostics machine, can anyone recommend one?

Trackings loads better and thank god no engine management light at this moment!

DSC_2193 copy.jpg DSC_2192.jpg

Brendan1969

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
I think because our vehicles are JDM market built/design you may need a code reader which supports the JOBD11 format and not just OBD11.

This is what my local Superchips guy in Swindon told me when I asked him to try and see if he could chip my E50 3.0 Neo which he COULD NOT DO at that time.

Richard Fox

Double Elgrand Obession!
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Best looking vehicle in the gallery :)
And looking awesome too, love the wheels
Thanks guys! :p Unfortunately I have two buckled wheels, the guys there said there is no way of removing the buckle, wonder if they are telling the truth as I love these wheels too much to get them replaced! When they spun two of them they weren't quite round! grrrr

Richard Fox

Double Elgrand Obession!
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Am I being picky? I noticed that my drivers door looks ever so slightly darker in videos/images than the rest of the paintwork, am I being picky or can members see what I mean it drives me crazy! lol Could this be due to a heavier quantity of metallic being sprayed here than the rest of the vehicle? giving this illusion? Is this something you know about @Rapperfrapper?
TIA

Chris T

Premium Member
Am I being picky? I noticed that my drivers door looks ever so slightly darker in videos/images than the rest of the paintwork, am I being picky or can members see what I mean it drives me crazy! lol Could this be due to a heavier quantity of metallic being sprayed here than the rest of the vehicle? giving this illusion? Is this something you know about @Rapperfrapper?
TIA
Yeah it looks terrible, tell you what I will do you a favour and give you a grand for it, cos I'm good like that 😀

Looks mighty fine to me man.

Rapperfrapper

Administrator
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
TIA
Hi seen it on few cars that I've detailed as they had a panel resprayed and wasn't a perfect match, so possible the panel in question has been resprayed, and not a, 100% match, which considering the age of the vehicle and that the original paint will have faded to some degree, will make it even harder to match.
Be careful to look at the adjacent panels at same angle and with a strong light shone onto them, as without this it can look a diff colour.

Richard Fox

Double Elgrand Obession!
Premium Member
E51 Owner
So yesterday I decided to check my Antifreeze levels!

I collected one sample from the Elgrand and the other sample just plain water, stuck them both in the freezer and thank goodness the antifreeze was still moving at -25 Celsuis! Looks like I am of to the Antartic with the Elgrand! lol

anti.jpg

Richard Fox

Double Elgrand Obession!
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Yesterday I had the chance to do some cosmetic changes to James May, unfortunately I had to turf poor Jez out of the garage into the sh*t weather!
First job was to changed my orange side indicators back to the original Rider Spec, well chuffed with the difference, I have been hunting for these for a while now cheers @stevemen!! :p
I also managed to change the front indicator lamps to the chrome look like I did to Jez and also managed to change the front fogs to a much whiter bulb as shown in my previous pics of Jez.
After all this I then gave May a well deserved bath! lol :p He needed a bl**dy good scrub! lol
I also finally managed to get the passenger and rear windows working by changing the switch panel, again courtesy of @stevemen, my wife is gunna be much happier! lol

Indicator_Before.jpg Indicator_After.jpg White_Fr_Elgrand.jpg Side_White_Elgrand.jpg