• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Jdm Combe Meet castle combe wiltshire

Status
Not open for further replies.
I attend many cars shows each year with my other toy I have and because I am an exhibitor and adding to the show taking place the organisers charge you ZERO £££ to enter as they appreciate that we bring our pride and joys along in order that they have a show to put on in the first place. No cars no show.

Plus the added costs we incur of travel and fuel so TBF I think Castle Coombes fee is not fair. Just my opinion and one I have held for a long time. If they want to put a show on then they should NOT be charging folk who just want to show their cars on a club stand. Obviously if you want to rag your ride around the track then fine, pay for that option.

It puts folk off attending eventually and then the shows die off as no one will pay. If it were say just £5 to come along and show your car on a club stand area then I would be ok ish with that albeit I still attend many shows which are FREE to exhibitors and club groups.

These venues makes thousands as it is with general public coming to see etc so it would be no skin off their noses to charge nothing to show exhibitors and their cars.
I’m in agreement. I had an old Rover that I would show but gave up when they started charging you for the privilege of show your car so they could make money.

I’m in agreement. I had an old Rover that I would show but gave up when they started charging you for the privilege of show your car so they could make money.
Sadly today some folk just don't get it.:worried:

Sadly today some folk just don't get it.:worried:
I know, but there are also plenty of shows with an entry 'fee' shows like japfest, jae, beaulieu simply Japanese all have entry fees, probably for the other stuff that is put on during the day. It's not just a show n shine etc but a Japanese fuelled day. See the photo for entertainment on the day.Screenshot_20180322-135010.png

Last edited:
We're booked in! Looking forward...

Right - all agreed with the LHG - I'm in. Will book ticket now.

So 1 E50 and 5 E51's so far
I don't suppose you know where they will be putting us all spot wise in there do you??? I was there 2 weekends ago and it pee'd it down and the far out area's with grass either side of the path/road leading to them was like a bloody mud bath. The hard standing area's in the main area were ok though.

I don't suppose you know where they will be putting us all spot wise in there do you??? I was there 2 weekends ago and it pee'd it down and the far out area's with grass either side of the path/road leading to them was like a bloody mud bath. The hard standing area's in the main area were ok though.
All I know is it will be in the paddock area. 😀😀😀

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back